IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge, IPC Member, inadequate signage

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Right so when did Dyl Kurpil & co trot out the excuse that your data didn't match what they'd got from the DVLA?

How about a quick email to the DVLA to ask them who has obtained your data and when (YOU CAN'T ASK THIS OVER THE PHONE BTW).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • behindtheeye
    Options
    They said that yesterday, the 22nd, the same day I (electronically) sent them the appeal letter template.

I now realise that I miscalculated and have sent them this outside their 28 day guideline - will this cause me any additional problems?

I will contact the DVLA, thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about problems, and would certainly check with the DVLA if DE got your data yet. That's a must, then you will know.

If they had not, by 22nd, then someone was telling porky pies to try to force driver details, which could then lead to a formal complaint to the DVLA and the ICO.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • behindtheeye
    Options
    Just an update, I have received the first letter from DE and no response or acknowledgement from DVLA yet from my email to them on 23 December to SubjectAccess.Requests (at) dvla.gsi.gov.uk - which appears to be the correct address for such enquiries. I have sent them a chaser.
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71878828#post71878828

Try sending the above letter first class post with free certificate of posting from the PO counter.
  • behindtheeye
    Options
    I just called the DVLA to try and find out how long this will take and they told me I have to fill in form V888 - this contradicts the text at the bottom of the following page and frankly I don't think it is correct although the form itself does seem to potentially cover this scenario:

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

Thanks DollyDee, I may try that.
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apparently, as it's the DVLA and not a parking scumpany, you don't need the free certificate of posting.
  • behindtheeye
    Options
    I have today received a letter from the DVLA in response to my email to the SubjectAccess.Requests address (I did not need to fill in form V888).

They tell me that DE requested registered keeper details for the vehicle on 27/12/2016.

This is several days after they told me the keeper details don't match (which happened on the 22nd, as per previous post).

Any idea where I go from here?
    Thanks
  • behindtheeye
    Options
    I would welcome any thoughts on the next steps :)
  • behindtheeye
    Options
    Bit stuck here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills