PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 23rd October 2014

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dark and dreary looking here at the moment I hope it stays dry as my gardener is due this morning.
    I am trying to decide whether I want to go and get my hair trimmed or leave it for another week or so.I try to get it so its just the right length for Christmas and I am working on the assumption that if I get it done now then one more trim will be needed in before the festive season Or do I leave it for another couple of weeks and then only need a bit of shearing around mid-November :):):).I must admit its getting to the straggly look a bit so its possible I will cave in today :):):)

Little bit of ironing to catch up with later but thats about all on the agenda today.
    Tomorrow my son-in-law is picking me up and I am going to their house for the day as my youngest DGS has an extra day tacked on to his half term so I will be looking after him.SinL said would I like a change of scenery so I thought it will make for a different day,but I have been told I'm not to attempt to do much whilst there :) yeah like thats going to happen:):):) I'll get Mikey to help me I think He is a good little boy and loves to 'help':):):)
    Hope everyone has a good day and keeps warm and wrapped up.Eldest DD is off to Chicago on Saturday and DGD Holly is going to NYC all this flying around :) I am just happy to be at home in Kent :):):)
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :wave:

It's not a bad morning here today but you can tell the temperature is dropping. Saying that I am still wearing t-shirts and the heating hasn't gone on yet :D.

Girls have gone off to school but hubby is home as he hasn't been well for the last couple of days. He nearly made it out the door this morning but came over all dizzy so he's tucked up in bed for now.

I'm waiting for a tesco delivery this morning and I am having a little party this afternoon for no reason except it's thursday! The grandchildren are coming here after school for tea so I thought I would do them a treat tea. I have had loads of fun winding up my girls as to who is coming to tea, I hope they won't be too disappointed when they realize it's their niece and nephew.

I will be baking a cake for tea tonight but I am cheating and using a mix. I can't make a chocolate cake as nice as the betty crocker ones so never mind :o. I also need to have a clean and tidy round, especially the bathroom and loos so they are guest ready.

Well, I hope everyone manages a good day whatever they are up to. Hugs are available as always, take care xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

The heating came on this morning which is a rarity, this house stays very warm. DH has gone off to a meeting at Donnington and I have had to cancel my hair appt because I can't get there, the other car is in the garage and there is no ublic transport to the little village where my hairdresser is.

Talking about the other car the garage owner rang and said they had replaced the part (at over £500) and it was still making a noise so I shall be very cross if they have done that expensive repair needlessly. I am awaiting developments - I don't know what we will do if he comes back with another expensive repair because we were on the point of not doing the first one because of the cost. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Have a good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,it's a grey day here but not too cold out there. He Who Knows and I are going foraging for different types of greenery today as DD2 is doing some wedding flowers for a friend and needs to make up 26 table arrangements. They have the flowers organised but are low on foliage so we'll take the secateurs and baskets along the footpaths and lanes and see what we can find and then my neighbour has many luxuriant shrubs which she's happy to have used too so we should be able to take her a goodly amount tomorrow when we visit. My visit to the dentist yesterday was fine and something to pass on should any of you ever be in the same situation - I had a cancelled appointment last month and had some soreness in my upper teeth so went to the chemist and got fluoride mouthwash as recommended by the dentist previously and read the instructions on the bottle which said use for 4 weeks. So I did. The result was very badly dark brown stained teeth and it took my dentist absolutely ages to clean it all off yesterday but thankfully he did. He said don't use it for more than 1 week maximum as it stains your teeth!!! Grrrrrrrrr never mind, all better now.

We won the quiz again last night at the pub, we shared the prize with 2 other teams which is always nice as it shares the prize money around which only seems fair and had a new team of 3 young chaps sitting on the next table to us who were real fun and we had such a laughing evening, I hope they come again as it made for a very pleasant time.

Hope all the poorlies are feeling OK today and that we all have something nice happen to make us happy. MOLLY, how's Poppy puppy doing now? we haven't had any more fireworks so Docky is level at the moment though I'm dreading this weekend as we'll likely have lots in the evenings, good luck all pet owners, Lyn xxx.
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Thanks Candlelight for describing the homemade hampers for me, they sound lovely. I like receiving homemade gifts the best as I love the thought behind them.

Hester, I am always left speechless by the rudeness of a lot of your work colleagues, I have worked in many, many offices over the years and I have never encountered such unpleasantness, I do so feel for you. Hope your hubby feels better soon.

Dumpling, enjoy your Thursday party. I think it sound lovely to have a party just because. Great fun. I have bought a cake mix for the very first time the other day, I thought I would trial it as part of a pudding as it is a basic sponge mix which I thought would go with tinned fruit as a cheap pudding.

Lyn, thank you for the tip on the mouth wash, how annoying for you. I once was told off by my then dentist about using mouthwash, I asked why then did he have a whole cabinet of mouthwashes on display for sale in his waiting room, he did not appreciate the question!

Sorry to hear about all those who are feeling ill.

As for me, I have only just woken up. My get up and go has well and truly gone:eek:

I will have some breakfast while sitting in front of my light box as that always helps get me going. Then it will be a day spent in the kitchen as I wish to prepare the potatoes, carrots, onions and sprouts for the freezer.

Have a lovely day all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Morning all,

Last day of term for me then a lovely week off and I have another free day the Monday after due to more teacher training. Don't envy them :)

I watched Lynda Bellingham's last interview (screened yesterday on LW), very moving. She was such a lovely lady and I am sure an inspiration to many. I found it so sad that she wanted one last Xmas with her family and that Mr Spain had agreed to let her have a much wanted real Xmas tree this year.

x
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everybody,

Just been clearing the leaves from the back garden,nearly filled the green bin,DH has a blower and got them all in a corner but had to leave them there,it got a bit too dark last night after tea.
    DH & DS are working on our renovation this week and I went up yesterday cos my brother lives 2 mins away from there & it's his birthday today.Think the house looks worse than last time,very mucky as the front room ceiling was coming down,all the upstairs ones are gone too :eek:and some walls,you just have to whistle if you need the loo :o Still, a couple of days and the worst will be over, & it can start to be put back together again.The only trouble is they'll have to go back to paying work next week sometime so it'll all slow down again.When the worst of the dust was settling I decided to walk to DBs with his card & pressie along a path I havent been down for 40 years ( grew up in the area),took a slight wrong turning but it only took 5 minutes.DGNiece 10 arrived back from school with her Mum at the same time so we had a good chat and the men picked me up.

Lyla had a bit of a fright this morning,she was running round in the fields with her doggy friends,and one of them-the only male,turned on her.She ran off with her tail between her legs but he kept at her and she was crying.His owner had to run over and get him off & was very apologetic.She is bigger than him but he's very muscly-dont know what set him off,they've seen each other every day this week and been fine,she's a gentle soul and didnt retaliate,dogs will be dogs I suppose but she's my baby :o Sleeping it off now,I've checked her over and cant see any cuts.She's having her booster next week & I think I'll ask the vet for a sedative for bonfire,we had 1 rocket the other night and she was petrified :(

Soup made for my dinner,ham stock,odds and sods of veg & butternut/sweet potato.Mixed grill for tea,or turkey curry leftovers if they prefer,not enough sausages/chops to go round really esp as DGD is coming and she loves sausages.

HH roll on half term eh?
    Enjoy your day x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

up bright and early again. Woke up at 6 and I knew if I went back to bed I'd fall asleep and my daughter would probably end up wake me up ringing the doorbell with my Grandson. At 7.30 I had bleached the kitchen floor, vacuumed throughout and 'Youngest' was not impressed.

Grandson has been fed, played with and bathed and now is asleep in his cot.

Its blood pressure reading time for me. The doctor requested my readings and ive been taking it three times a day since Monday. Something is very strange, my blood pressure has dramatically dropped which would account for the feeling of lightheadedness ive been experiencing lately. I'll have to see what my doctor says when I submit my readings to him on Friday.

My daughter in South Africa is meeting a potential sponsor today for the baby house. Fingers crossed things go well. At the moment, they are relying on charity events to fund the house but it needs a lot of time and preparation to set up these events. I cant see them stopping the charity events entirely but I am hoping a regular sponsor will help take the stress out of their day to day lives.

Lasagne for tea. Something quick and easy. I'll be fit for nothing by the time my Grandson has gone home.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    HESTER I really don't know how you hold your tongue, I would want to tell them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine :)

Candlelightx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rosyred (((HUGS))) for Lyla, poor little girl; it's not nice to have a friend turn on you! Is he a young dog? Maybe becoming sexually mature? Has he been "done"?

I need to get Mr LW to colour my hair for me this weekend; I'm beginning to look like a red-and-silver badger again!:D I'd like it to look at least reasonable for Samhain. I don't colour it when we have doggies staying, because it stinks the bungalow out; Jack's going home tomorrow, though, so the weekend will be free.

When we had the kitchen done, there was part of a box of tiles left over, so I bought a roll of thin cork sheet from H0bbycr@ft and made backs for some of them, to use as spoon rests, and to stand the water filter jug on, stuff like that. It's worked really well, and we've found lots of uses for them; I counted up, and there's the same amount of tiles again still left, so I got another roll of cork, and will do those as well. Again, it's a bit of a pongy job (glue) so I'll do that while we're dogless, too.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure