Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    Well done to everyone taking part in the current challenge :T.

Loving all the ideas that are being shared among everyone.

Pleased to report a 1.5lb loss tonight putting me right at the bottom of my target range - so I'm one happy bunny. Will have a few extra treats this week I think.

Quite a few new members at class tonight and several members have bought the 12 week countdowns. I like the look of the new Christmas book.

Hope you all have a good week.

B_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great result b e g :j.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great result b e g :j.

Thanks beanie x

B_e_g
    SPC NO 041

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done, b_e_g.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • rjhammond91
    Options
    Hey guys!

Been a bit mia this week. Weigh in tomorrow morning. Nervous. A friend who lives in Essex has popped down to Devon for a few days to see me. So.. We wandered into Exeter and down to the quay. I had a 12 inch pizza. Some curly fries. And some coleslaw. Oops!! My reasoning was that I've not seen this friend since last November and we both love the waterfront so thought, !!!!!! the diet for today! If I gain/maintain tomorrow then so be it! Worth it to spend some time with a very good friend!

Thank you for the sotw!

Hope all is well with everyone! I'll check in tomorrow with my results!! Eek!
    Xx
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done everyone for last week!

Desperately trying to get my head back in the game but feeling so bloated and blah isn't helping. Just going to take one day at a time and not pressure myself too much. Can't believe I essentially haven't lost any weight on this challenge but just going to suck it up and get on with things.

B - Porridge (HEB & 3 syns), strawberries
    L - Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEA) and salad, clementines
    D - Salmon, roast butternut squash, brocolli, mange tout, peas
    S - Popcorn (2.5 syns), strawberries
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Well done, b_e_g.
    Thank you greentiger x

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

• Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Hope things are heading in the right direction....in terms of weight loss! Well after a hectic few weeks I'm back at the gym. I'm 1/4 lb under my target weight. I'd like to drop a couple of lbs before Christmas.

Anyone got any tips on cooking a Spanish tortilla. Wondered if I could bake it?

Thanks Arkers x
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Devil 1 : Angel 0

Well, I started off with the best intentions yesterday but then it all went downhill. I popped into our local coop for a few bits and bobs and as it's quite a small store they always reduce items in the afternoon so it's a good time to buy Speed food, which I did. Unfortunately it's not just healthy food that goes out of date, and although I successfully avoided temptations in the meat section, the cheese section, the chocolate section and the yogurt/dessert section, I succumbed to a malted grain cob, which DH and I proceeded to eat toasted for supper last night with butter. (It was very nice....:o)

Anyway, back on track today and I'm going to have an SP day - breakfast was melon and berries, and dinner is going to be taco jackets with BNS instead of potato. DH and I have a meeting in town this afternoon and I was thinking of having lunch at Morrison's, but after the 11 syn omelette and beans shocker I'm thinking we might have lunch before we go.

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done RJHammond for SOTW and Flutterby for a great loss - you've obviously got straight back on plan after your weekend. :T
    Desperately trying to get my head back in the game but feeling so bloated and blah isn't helping. Just going to take one day at a time and not pressure myself too much. Can't believe I essentially haven't lost any weight on this challenge but just going to suck it up and get on with things.

I'm just the same Ruby - I've only lost 1lb since the start of the challenge, but there are still 2 weeks to go and although I'm not going to hit my target, I'm determined to lose more. How about we go for it together?
    I don't tend to snack and just eat my 2-3 meals a day. I often skip breakfast and even if I am hungry will wait until dinner. Perhaps this is an added place where I am falling down. I'm trying to increase my water in take too.

I think going hungry for a little while is a good thing, I only have fruit for breakfast and then try to stick to 2 meals with no snacks in between. There's a theory that we think we're hungry when we're actually thirsty so drinking water can help you go for longer between meals. There's another theory that most people eat too often and we shouldn't have another meal until our stomach is completely empty - I'm not sure how you know that though!

Greentiger - love your Colombian boy, you painted a really good picture of him. :A

Enjoy your holiday Prudent.

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations rjhammond on SOTW.

You seemed so determined yesterday LL that the angel was going to win, pity it was the devil! The only thing I can say is that at least you enjoyed the naughty stuff. It's far worse when you go off plan and then don't enjoy it. Draw the line and get back on plan today. You can lose some more weight over the next couple of weeks to catch up a bit with the challenge.

Having a Green day today for a change:

B - marmite on toast (HEB1)
    L - HM carrot & corriander soup; 1 slice WM crustless - part HEB2
    D - Louisana red bean rice - it's a recipe from the Free Food Feasts book. This is a new recipe for me but it looks a bit like a spicy risotto but made with ordinary rice so not creamy - hope that makes sense

I'll probably have an Alpen Light with a cuppa this evening for the rest of HEB2.

HEA will be milk as usual.

Have a good day everyone.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills