Cunningham & Lindsey Loss Adjusters

Options
Hi Can anyone help
I have been given cunningham lindsey loss adjusters to sort my claim out I am with esure
2weeks ago my shead was brocken into and all my fishing tackle was tacken I called the police and was given my crime number I then called Esure to let them no what had happend they asked me a few questions and then told me that I would get a call off they loss adjusters Cunningham Lindsey as they were now taken over the claim.
About 30mins later I got a call off Cunningham lindsey to go over everything and they said we send you a link to upload all your iteams that was taken and if you have any photos or any receipt to add them as well.
I never got the link I ended up calling them to say I never got the email they was ment send me they got the email address wrong yet it was the right one that was sent to them off esure. I ended up sending a email to the gentelman that was dealing with me with all the items that had gone as well as all the recipts.
I was then told a loss adjuster was coming out to see me the fowllowing week so I got everything ready for him I we went throw everything and showed him all the photos and receipts for everything and he told me we will get out suppliers to now sort out all your iteams they will call you to go over it on the Friday of that week.
I ended up calling cunningham lindsey on the mondey to say I never got the call off the supplier the person who took my call never asked for my ref number or anything they said well they was told to call you Friday so they should be calling you today I never got the call I ended up calling again on the Tuesday to say they still not called they said they was only told on the Monday to call me yet I was told they call me on the Friday before so on the Tuesday the supplier called and we went throw everything yet again and I was told we will now send them the cost to replace everything 3days passed and no word off cunningham lindsey so I called and was told we have had the cost back to replace everything we now sent it over to esure for them to tell us if we have the gohead a few more days passed so I called esure to see if they had had the quote off cunningham lindsey I was told no they called us say they was sending it but we never got it so they called them to get it sent over I then called up the next day to see if they had it and how long I will after wait to find out I was told that cunningham lindsey should be dealing with that not them as it was down to them to say YES OR NO Now Cunningham Lindsey are sending out a second loss adjuster for more evidence they had everything and the first loss adjuster was happy with it all I ell like cunningham lindsey are time wasting and trying get out paying out Esure cant understand why when they have had everything they are sending a second loss adjuster out to go over everything again can anyone helpon this.

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think there are two or three possible things they are doing, if you could answer the following.

How much is your entire contents Insured for by Esure?

How much are you claiming for?
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    I'm surprised to see in the latest esure HH wording there isn't a theft limit from outbuildings.

Sloppy policy wording, so I expect they're doing as dacouch is probably thinking and checking the level of contents cover is sufficient.

If it's not, they'll proportionally reduce the settlement value. For example, if the contents sum insured is only sufficient to replace 75% of your contents, they'll only pay 75% of the value of your claim.
    However, they can't then apply any other inner limits or excess deduction from this value, the FOS have previously perceived that as doubly harsh on the client.

Be patient with the claim, an insurers first instinct isn't to try and get out of paying (as posted above), but they need to ensure that they pay the correct value.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm surprised to see in the latest esure HH wording there isn't a theft limit from outbuildings.

Sloppy policy wording

Why sloppy? Surely that's good for the policyholder?
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    rs65 wrote: »
    Why sloppy? Surely that's good for the policyholder?

You're correct, I'm thinking from a (rival) insurers perspective.
  • njrcarp
    Options
    I have cover for up to £8500 they is around just under £8000 taken but what's got me is what as the suppliers said they replace it all for I Have receipts for everything that they have had and CL have had them sent to them yet they said they need more evidence what more evidence do they need ????
  • dacouch
    Options
    njrcarp wrote: »
    I have cover for up to £8500 they is around just under £8000 taken but what's got me is what as the suppliers said they replace it all for I Have receipts for everything that they have had and CL have had them sent to them yet they said they need more evidence what more evidence do they need ????

How much is your entire contents Insured for?

The reason I ask is Esure have a habit of checking to see if you have the correct amount insured.
  • dacouch
    Options

I noticed that and assume they have an inner limit on the Policy Schedule
  • njrcarp
    Options
    I have £8500 on the outbuilding and £27,500 on the inside the house so plenty of cover
  • dacouch
    Options
    njrcarp wrote: »
    I have £8500 on the outbuilding and £27,500 on the inside the house so plenty of cover

Ok that confirms what I suspected.

Esure are well known for checking when you make a claim to see if you have a sufficient overall sum insured to cover the BRAND NEW replacement cost of your ENTIRE contents.

What I suspect the visit will be for is the Loss Adjuster will give you a form for you to complete. It's generally broken down into each room and asks you to list your items (It won't ask you to list every item but to summarise) and their NEW REPLACEMENT cost.

They will then compare this against the amount of cover you have to check you have enough cover.

Do not be tempted to lie about anything but be realistic about the amounts you put down.

The visit may also be prompted by the size of your claim which may have prompted them to make extra checks to ensure the claim is valid.

If you have any problems regarding the claim, post back up and we'll help you.

I strongly recommend you review the security of your shed and garden as the thieves WILL come back as they know you will replace the items.

Most police forces have a Crime Prevention Officer who will visit your home and make recommendations. They are often simple things like putting a padlock on your gates to make it difficult for the thieves to enter and exit your garden or adding trellises to the top of your fences.
  • dacouch
    Options
    For Paddy's benefit, Esure are well known by MSE members for the under insurance, they had a period a few years back of voiding under insured policies.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to have a section in the quote where you select your own sum insured but esure would auto fill it in with their own suggested sum insured which would often be £17500 for a 2 bed terrace.

There is plenty on google if you google "MSE esure under insurance" have a read, you'll find it interesting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure