Options
13»

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gillw72 wrote: »
    Just been reading through this interesting thread! I cancelled last week after a discount ended and my package went back up to £80. I have checked online & Interactive and have the 60% offer.

My package is "Sky Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD" which has gone up to £80 per month. I just wanted to check if the discount is off everything except HD as I find the terms text a little confusing?

60% was the first offer I received, I assume it doesn't get any better than this?

If you read thru' other threads, you will find that some are getting cash credits to their account,in addition to 60% discount -I've seen both £50 and £75 mentioned. I'm in a similar position to you, cancelled one week ago -currently the interactive service via the box shows 60% discount whilst the app. is only showing 50%!!
    I'm waiting til the last moment in the hope of a phone call or email:)
  • gillw72
    gillw72 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok, so the percentage doesn't increase past 60%, but it might be possible to get a credit as well.

Just checked this morning and the website and interactive are both now showing 50%!! :eek:
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 October 2016 at 10:02AM
    Options
    After reading the last post ,thought I'd check on potential offers.
    I now have an offer on MySky web page -but only 50% for 10 months. The offer via interactive has also dropped from 60% to 50% for 10 months:( whilst the Sky app is still showing 50% for 12 months.
    I wonder if the ceiling for discounts has been reduced with the start of a new month? Or does the interactive service "learn" and reduce the offer once you have been tempted to look?:o
    No rush for me however -quite happy to let it go off for a while if it gets me a better deal:) If I accepted 50% for 10 months ,it would cost me ~ £220 more than last twelve months:eek:
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    I've just cancelled my SKY TV

Had box sets and cinema/ sports HD which is I believe 80 pounds per month, but I had a discount of 37 per month..
    Then multi screen of 12 pounds per month.

So paying 55 a month.
    Can I do better than this, the first advisor offers 25% off a year and I wasn't interested in that...so that triggered my cancellation.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    After reading the last post ,thought I'd check on potential offers.
    I now have an offer on MySky web page -but only 50% for 10 months. The offer via interactive has also dropped from 60% to 50% for 10 months:( whilst the Sky app is still showing 50% for 12 months.
    I wonder if the ceiling for discounts has been reduced with the start of a new month? Or does the interactive service "learn" and reduce the offer once you have been tempted to look?:o
    No rush for me however -quite happy to let it go off for a while if it gets me a better deal:) If I accepted 50% for 10 months ,it would cost me ~ £220 more than last twelve months:eek:

My 60% offer had a use by date of Friday, but a letter gave use by date as before Monday 3rd, but if I get a good phone deal, I'll try to resurrect, as it worked last year.

Silly, I know, but I'm sitting here, putting off the call about phone/bb as I feel I'm going to be disappointed, because other providers are offering less.
  • trixie73
    trixie73 Posts: 933 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I cancelled my sky and its been off a couple of weeks. They called this morning to offer me the 60% off, I said no thanks. Then she offered me £50 credit as well and no contract, so I can cancel at anytime. I went for this deal :D
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tv is going off on Thursday and phone etc are going to PlusNet next Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure