Second Tesco Current Account

Options
Recently opened a second current account with Tescos after reading on MSE that this was possible. Anyone know why the full account number doesn't appear when I open it online?

Is paying via a DD the only option to the initial opening payment? How would I go about transferring from my other Tesco accounts if the second current account doesn't appear in the pull down list?
Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK

Comments

• binaryuniverse
    Options
    You just need to wait for it to be finished setting up. Then you'll be able to use it as normal.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Is paying via a DD the only option to the initial opening payment? How would I go about transferring from my other Tesco accounts if the second current account doesn't appear in the pull down list?

A DD is almost certainly not a way to make an initial payment into a current account. Do you mean an SO, or an internal transfer, or a faster payment?

If your new account doesn't show in the list of accounts, it hasn't been fully opened yet and you cannot make any deposits into it yet, regardless of the method of payment.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You won't be able to do anything with it until you receive your debit card and activate it, then the account number will be visible.
    Although if you look in the 'document' section you should see a welcome letter, which will have your account number on it. That should at least allow you to set up direct debits.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • keef-WhatStandards
    keef-WhatStandards Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 July 2017 at 9:06PM
    Options
    Got the account number off my debit card which arrived today, thanks.

Apparently you now have to activate your debit card to pay in??
  • surreysaver
    Options
    Got the account number off my debit card which arrived today, thanks.

Apparently you now have to activate your debit card to pay in??

So it says. I don't know what would happen if you paid money in before you activated it.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Money is returned.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    I am sure I saw something on the account that said DD, but maybe it was something else. Difficult to say for sure as they keep mucking around with the site. :(

You would thing they would know tha at Tesco Bank, but I wasn't told that when I enquired.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    So I found out earlier; you would think this would be made clear on the paperwork somewhere.

DDs are my next stumbling block: how do you set these up as there seems no option to add them on the account.
  • surreysaver
    Options
    So I found out earlier; you would think this would be made clear on the paperwork somewhere.

DDs are my next stumbling block: how do you set these up as there seems no option to add them on the account.

You set them up with the company who wants the money from the account. Such as the electricity company, or the phone company etc.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    And if you want Tesco Bank to take the money? e.g. to pay your credit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport