Calor Gas Provence Stove Mobile Heater

Options

Comments

• AnthonyUK
    AnthonyUK Posts: 479 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2009 at 8:52AM
    Options
    the Calor site isn't right - I phoned one of the business people who had a fire symbol but he doesn't have any at all.

The larger Calor Centres are a good bet;is there one near you? There'll be a showroom, a good selection of appliances including the Provence, and all the gas bottles and accessories you need. Small local dealers may not have the Provence on display. Also on the calor website they have a habit of putting portable heater symbols on dealer listings which may not sell heaters at all ie builders merchants/plumbers merchants/garages etc that's what throws people!
  • essexbornboy
    Options
    Hi
    Calor has new heaters out this year, I saw them at a trade show. One's called the hotspot and the other is a heavier cast iron one called manhattan, but its more modern looking. I searched around and found a company in yorkshire that do them.They are also a calor dealer for the gas aswell apparently. Guy was very helpful when I called
    I have been told I can't put a link on??? so search google, they are called express gas limited in knottingley west yorkshire. The website also says EGL Direct?
    we need one as the weather is really cold now!!!!! BBBBBRRRRRRRR
    ebb
  • bbbob
    bbbob Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    woody2009 wrote: »
    I'm quite interested in the Provence heater. Can anyone tell me what condensation this product emits. My experience from many bottled gas heaters is not a happy one but with the catalitic filter, is this problem overcome?
    AnthonyUK hasn't got a clue :rotfl:, too much ventilation is as likely to reduce the temperature and cause condensation as too little ventilation is likely to let the moisture in the air build up. These heaters emit 4-8 pints of water vapour every 8 hours.
    As for the catalytic filter, carbon monoxide from the exhaust gas is converted into carbon dioxide and unburned hydrocarbons are converted into carbon dioxide and water.
    Plus if you're a tenant, your tenancy agreement may forbid this type of heater.
  • AnthonyUK
    Options
    bbbob wrote: »
    AnthonyUK hasn't got a clue :rotfl:, too much ventilation is as likely to reduce the temperature and cause condensation as too little ventilation is likely to let the moisture in the air build up. These heaters emit 4-8 pints of water vapour every 8 hours.
    As for the catalytic filter, carbon monoxide from the exhaust gas is converted into carbon dioxide and unburned hydrocarbons are converted into carbon dioxide and water.
    Plus if you're a tenant, your tenancy agreement may forbid this type of heater.
    NO you're wrong. The Provence's built-in catalytic converter converts the fumes into harmless substances, so it can't cause problems. Most homes are well ventilated and the use of mobile LPG heaters usually don't cause any problems at all. In poorly ventilated homes THEN you would suffer problems.
  • AnthonyUK
    Options
    AnthonyUK wrote: »
    NO you're wrong. The Provence's built-in catalytic converter converts the fumes into harmless substances, so it can't cause problems. Most homes are well ventilated and the use of mobile LPG heaters usually don't cause any problems at all. In poorly ventilated homes THEN you would suffer problems.

See this
    http://www.uklpg.org/lpg_property/UIS001.pdf
  • bbbob
    bbbob Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're talking carp and are obviously blind to what I said, catalytic converters convert the fumes into water vapour, I don't know what you are trying to prove with your pdf link as that states this. Getting enough ventilation that is needed to dispense this vapour would just make the room chilly and defeat the object.
    Anyone with any sense should search for 'condensation and mobile gas heater' before buying one, there are many many links warning about this.
  • AnthonyUK
    Options
    You're talking carp and are obviously blind to what I said, catalytic converters convert the fumes into water vapour, I don't know what you are trying to prove with your pdf link as that states this. Getting enough ventilation that is needed to dispense this vapour would just make the room chilly and defeat the object.
    Anyone with any sense should search for 'condensation and mobile gas heater' before buying one, there are many many links warning about this.

Most people(as it says in that document)DON'T suffer condensation problems from the use of a mobile gas heater in their home, and many heater owners report high level of satisfaction you're the one who is thick NOT me READ IT AGAIN.
  • AnthonyUK
    Options
    In a well ventilated room there is generally no problem with mobile gas heaters;and no it doesn't mean over-ventilated chilly rooms either!
  • sam_boooko
    Options
    Hi,
    I bought a Provence gas stove at the weekend. When i got it home the starter didn't work, when I manually lit it, it worked fine on settings 2 and 3. However on setting 1 it seemed the flame was finding it difficult to catch (althought it did light, it sounded like a draught was blowing on the flame) and was quite noisy. I brough it back ang got a replacement. When I got this one home, the starter worked fine, however this time only the piolt light ignites on setting 1, while the whole burner lights up fine on setting 2 and 3. When I switch back to setting 1 the burner goes out leaving only the pilot light on. I only want the heater to supplement my central heating so I'm only really looking for a lower heat output. I was wondering what other people have found with this stove. Do you get the burner working on setting 1, if not I think it will use a lot of gas if I can only go down to setting 2!!
    Thanks,
    sam
  • stacey777
    stacey777 Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    hi could you tell me what you think off this heater now. How much gas do you use is and does it create much condensation?

Thanks
    Atkins started 26 Jan 09 so far lost 14lb 7lb to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family