Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• andmelffion
    Options
    have used the 49 cm case with Ryanair and it fits no problem

bought mine on line at star leather goods- good prices and delivered to the door for no extra cost - they also have some different colours and not just the boring plain black ones

happy flying
  • Ponkle22
    Ponkle22 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    have used the 49 cm case with Ryanair and it fits no problem

bought mine on line at star leather goods- good prices and delivered to the door for no extra cost - they also have some different colours and not just the boring plain black ones

happy flying

That's great but which case are you referring to? Several different cases are referred to above.

Thanks!
  • andmelffion
    Options
    sorry....it was the sub zero g 49 cms that we purchased online with starleathergoods
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's also worth using the straps that are fitted inside some cabin suitcases to secure your clothes in place and stop them bulging the sides of soft sided bags. As said, avoid using the side pockets, except for documents when boarding perhaps.
  • bishop_stoke
    Options
    Luggage for Ryan Air? You should be able to still get Bryant & May kitchen matches, empty them out and use the boxes. Sorry, couldn't resist.....
  • sjg666
    sjg666 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 March 2011 at 2:32PM
    Options
    I fully intend on purchasing one of these for my Ryanair flight to Rome next month:
    As a new user I cannot post links: go to Amazon and search "bag on wheels ryanair" - the 8th(ish) result down the list is "Wheeled Hand Luggage Cabin Bag Folding Flight Bag on Wheels RYANAIR 54x38x19" by Outback Travel.

Perfect size for Ryanair (whose dimension limits are 55cm x 40cm x 20cm) and ONLY 0.72kg as it doesn't have a metal retractable handle (but does still have those all important wheels!) This is also LESS than £20!!

There are also different colours and patterns available on eBay for slightly cheaper (£13.50 inc p&p)
  • polishing_peanuts
    Options
    If anyone wants more info or to see lots of photos of the cabin max bags just google 'biggest hand luggage' and look on my blog. They are designed to be the exact allowable size with ryanair, which for us as a family of four means 40kgs and 176L of luggage for free!

Shame they have just gone up slightly in price though, but they still make sense when compared to a trip in the hold! I get emails all the time from people raving about the cabin max, as do I!

Hope that is ok,
    Most days you can find me pottering about at 'polishingpeanuts', trying to find sense in an often bewildering world.
  • xinran
    xinran Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options

We used these for our last trip, and managed to pack a week's worth of luggage. They are really light when empty, so you can pack in quite a bit with the 10kg allowance.
    Obviously not as sturdy as the 3+kg standard trolley cases, but since they're not going to be passed around by baggage handlers, they really don't need to be.
    We got ours on e-bay. Some are selling for up to half the price compared to the Amazon link.
  • decho
    decho Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Get yourself to Primark!
    Just been shopping for a Ryanair sized Cabin Bag - went to Poundstretcher and as previously stated on this forum they do one for £11.99. Took a tape measure and if you include the wheels it is slightly bigger(nearer 60cm) than 55 * 40 * 20. Also, wasn't too sure of the quality but as its only going to be taken onboard its probably ok.
    Then we popped into Primark on the off chance they might have something - they have one 55*38*20, it looks reasonable quality with good wheels, 2 front pockets and a nice long extending handle(I am tall!). It also expands in size but that would make it more than 20cm. We have loaded it full with everything we need for our week in Fuerteventura and the loaded weight is < 8Kg.

And the best part......£9 (yes, Nine Pounds!) - now thats a bargain!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure