This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Clarkson would do it while tinkering with their hooves and making xenophobic remarks.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    True, very true. And Hammond would be worried about falling off again.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Watty, what is your planned mortgage free date? xx

Well it was Jan 2014 but I made that up some years ago and never really put any effort in. Started seriously Sept 2013 with the aim of seeing how far I could get.

Now think I really need an end date target. Not sure how to work one out :o Suggestions welcomed!

Couldn't ponies swim? Tie a couple of empty barrels to them and get a set of oars for a horse raft. Good idea - neigh?
    Love the Top Gear image :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Watty, you've halved it in about 18 months ... thats what your sig says. I wonder if you realised how well you've done! So, on that basis ... end of 2016?

Sorry :eek: that sounds *so* close! But you asked :o
  • Watty1
    Options
    Well KC my signature does not lie - my mortgage has fallen dramatically since I started. Of course the drops have been helped by selling shares that came to us via a SL privatisation deal and an endowment paying off. I tend not to give myself credit for success so thanks because actually yes, some of the fall is down to own hard work than you :)

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Well KC my signature does not lie
    Of course not, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that!
    Of course the drops have been helped by selling shares that came to us via a SL privatisation deal and an endowment paying off. I tend not to give myself credit for success so thanks because actually yes, some of the fall is down to own hard work than you :)
    You're very welcome. Even those external "helps" - you could have spent them on holidays, or an extension, or heaven knows what else, but you focussed on the long term goal of getting mortgage free. Thats down to you too!
  • Watty1
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Of course not, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that!

You're very welcome. Even those external "helps" - you could have spent them on holidays, or an extension, or heaven knows what else, but you focussed on the long term goal of getting mortgage free. Thats down to you too!

:) never thought you were implying that :) And thanks for the boost too. That's lovely!

• Watty1
    Options
    A neighbour just up the hill has developed a fallen down barn into something quite spectacular. With access directly onto the hill we live on. Further up the road a commercial plot has just got permission for 6 houses.

Now, as regular readers will know I've often said I'd be happy living in the field with the horses.

These local developments make me wonder what my chances are ????? Now I would have to get Mr Watty on board and that might be a bigger challenge than the planners but am going to research options! As a starting point have rung local estate agent and asked them to come and value the house.

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gotta be worth a punt!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    How about 1st December 2016? x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure