IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM Penalty Ticket Assistance Required

Options

Comments

• hairray
    hairray Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both your help and for giving me an idea of what the future holds.

I have tried both a nice and assertive approach with the land owner, he informed me that he would be handing it over to the legal department, to which I received no response.

Yesterday I emailed the CEO of the builder as I have been ignored on more than one occasion, Ive asked for his attention on the matter.
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2017 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Yesterday I emailed the CEO of the builder as I have been ignored on more than one occasion, Ive asked for his attention on the matter.
    That is a very good move. Good call.

Does the builder have a social media profile? If so you can use that as well. Many companies do sit up and take notice once complaints hit their social media profiles complete with screenshots of (potentially innacurate) emails from their staff

Another idea I would recommend would be that you set up a Facebook Group "Residents of XYZ" and leaflet your estate to get people on it (you will need to maintain admin rights over it to stop trolls and to maintain decorum etc.) This will prove an invaluable way for you to:
    1) Gauge opinion of this scheme
    2) Determine if others are experiencing the same problems as you and finding out what they have been told and;
    3) Later on sharing other problems that come up on the estate among leaseholders and tenants.

When a connected group of leaseholders and tenants act together you will be amazed by what happens ... I know from experience.
  • hairray
    Options
    Hey Safarm,

I would usually try the social media thing, only problem is I run a small local business and wait for it....cut one of the directors hair, he even agreed with me but can't do anything as it's not on his patch. You never know, they could revenge the bad feedback.

The Facebook group is a great idea, Im going to try this as there are other communal issues that need to be rectified.

Thank you for your advice!

Kindest Regards,
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2017 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Just checking I understand this right. You cut the hair of one of the directors of the building company and "he thinks its wrong but can do nothing about it"? ... if that's the case I think you are having your leg pulled. The company who contracted the PPC has the ability to get it cancelled and if they can't they have entered into a terrible contract that they need to rectify. However up to you.

If there is uptake, the Facebook group will likely be a revelation. I would think you will find other people in your exact same position. Good luck.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hairray wrote: »
    Hey,

So I was about to thank you Coupon Mad for your help. I didn't hear anything since my section 10 letter dated the 21st January and though all was good and they had dropped it.

Then I receive this letter yesterday (dated 5 April 2017): https://ibb.co/hG310k

So you sent a Section 10 Objection to processing in January and they didn't reply at all, then passed that data on to debt collectors. They had 21 days to respond. So, put in an online concern to the ICO about UKCPM's mishandling of your data and ignoring a Section 10 DPA 'objection to processing'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hairray
    Options
    @Safarm - you are correct. It's crazy isn't it! Ive wrote a letter to residents to join the FB page, thank you for that suggestion!

@Coupon - Others have suggested writing to DRP, should I send them a copy of the letter to CPM and inform them of my complaint to the ICO (I just tried reporting them however they're closed until Tuesday 18th April ), and also serve them a section 10 notice with a little that they have obtained my details illegally?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you contact DRP at all (and I wouldn't) use their email and their 'reference' quoted:

info@drpl.co.uk

You MUST quote their ref (long number on their letter) not the PCN number only.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hairray
    Options
    Hey Coupon,

I won't contact them as per your advice and I will make the complaint today.

Regards,
    R
  • hairray
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Really grateful for everyones help so far.

I received this email back from my complaints to the builder regarding the space.

Coupon, this complaint included the letter you prepared for me containing the legal cases and pointing out my rights.
    Thank you for the e-mail dated 13th April to the CEO, to which I am responding on his behalf as Head of Customer Service. I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with the service received from Customer Care. I have reviewed the e-mails between yourself and Liam Baird in regards to the parking ticket you received on 7th November 2016 for not displaying a valid parking permit. Please accept my apologies that Liam did not respond to your email dated the 10th February 2017.

Unfortunately, as you have not displayed a valid permit in your car windscreen a ticket would have been issued. The purpose of the parking strategy is to stop people that are not entitled to park in allocated spaces at Kings Park to use the train facilities or the polyclinic in the local area. This strategy is used development wide and is successful in stopping unauthorized cars parking in the area.

Also on the Home Tour demonstration checklist, it discusses the car parking and ongoing development issues / temporary arrangements, and the parking strategy would have been raised at that time. It states that all permits must be on show. CPM have also delivered to all properties a sealed envelope confirming the rules and restrictions during Sept/Oct 2016.

As a result of the above, and noting that the IAS have rejected your initial complaint, I am unable to have your parking ticket revoked. I appreciate this may not be the answer you were hoping for, however as stated above, CPM acted in accordance with the rules and regulations of parking in your development.

- At no point were car parking issues raised or discussed at any point during out home introduction. They just pointed our space out to us (and it happened to be the wrong space).

- I didn't receive a permit, nor did Countryside ever mention the need to display one (other than the sign erected)

- I couldn't park in my space for weeks as someone else was parked in my designated space where no one knew where to park, this was raised by the managing agents 1 month into our occupation.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still comes back to the lease. If you are not required to display a lease a private contractor cannot compel you to. If the private contractor did not provide you with a permit and they should have done than they cannot ticket you.

"The purpose of the parking strategy is to stop people that are not entitled to park in allocated spaces at Kings Park" (i.e. not to stop lawful users having enjoyment of the property) - the banal response wholly fails to address that you are entitled by the terms of the lease to park. Still at least you know what SHOULD have happened when you were shown the property by the agent and handed the keys...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure