Mouse in restaurant

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    not sure why you need to ask.

report it
  • Kaye1
    Kaye1 Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    What is their 'score on the door' score? (A jumbled sentence, I know!)

It may just be 'one of those things'- old building etc or it may be a sign of something worse.

https://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I saw a mouse!
    Where?
    There on the stair!
    Where on the stair?
    Right there!
    A little mouse with clogs on
    Well I declare!
    Going clip-clippety-clop on the stair
    Oh yeah

As others have advised. Report it. They're a health hazard and are classed as vermin.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    There is a very easy way to send a report:
    https://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/report-problem

Just type in the name and the start of the address and it should automatically come up with the full address and the name of the relevant local body that the report will go to.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    What's wrong with that? I hear they are excellent cooks!

hqdefault.jpg

That's a rat, completely different ball game. ;)
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    That's a rat, completely different ball game. ;)

camara.jpg
  • oldhand
    oldhand Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    To be honest and not for a minute trying to belittle your post but I would have been much more concerned at a dead mouse which would certainly show poor hygiene.I live in the countryside and my local restaurant is here also.Now both in the bar and restaurant whilst they are certainly not commonplace they are seen on occasion although there are traps set.
    I would also worry more if it had been a rat but as you had no reply from the restaurant I would report it if for no other reason than to give the owners a reason to improve hygiene...
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    oldhand wrote: »
    To be honest and not for a minute trying to belittle your post but I would have been much more concerned at a dead mouse
    I would also be a bit concerned to see a dead mouse running out of the kitchen!
    Zombie_Mouse_sticker_grande.jpg?v=1416107075
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I did report and environmental health did go in and as my old granny would say "there's never just one mouse". A wide scale problem has been identified and hopefully will now be addressed.

No contact from the restaurant though - certainly not an apology for what happened or any form of goodwill gesture in relation to the part of the meal we didn't eat but paid for. So won't be going back there again!
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2016 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Nicki wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I did report and environmental health did go in and as my old granny would say "there's never just one mouse". A wide scale problem has been identified and hopefully will now be addressed.

No contact from the restaurant though - certainly not an apology for what happened or any form of goodwill gesture in relation to the part of the meal we didn't eat but paid for. So won't be going back there again!

One would argue that no contact from the restaurant could in fact be a GOOD thing!

I don't reckon they'll be very happy with the person who *ratted* (ha) on them and helped to potentially close down their business/source of living. Nor should you really expect them to want you in the restaurant in the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure