Royal Mail - lose your credit card receipt - lose your property and your rights?

Options

Comments

• oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Options
    Clearly having a bad day - of all the days I could have picked to post this question I picked the day the self-righteous brigade were frequenting the forum. Dear oh dear.
    Nobody here ever accidentally loses/misplaces anything - tedious bores and non-representative of the majority of us.

They frequent it daily Captain. Anyone would think none of them have a job of work.:rotfl:
  • Captain_Sensible
    Options
    To conclude...
    This was not a debate over WHY I lost a receipt... (most of you however were simply determined to critique my receipt management policy) - the loss of my receipt revealed what appears to be an inadequate record-keeping system in place at the Post Office/Royal Mail/both.
    This is a valid area of concern.
    The manager of my local P.O. actually shares my concern in this respect.

I really do hope (and pray) that one of the self-opinionated here actually experiences the same issue - ideally with a high-value item... No human is immune to accidentally losing things. Perhaps you folks need to pass on your worldly advice to our insurance companies - I am sure they would like to know your secret to an accident-free lifestyle.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Can I respectfully suggest that the manager of your local P.O. agreed with you in the hope that you would go away happy?

It worked. :D
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,523 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To conclude...
    This was not a debate over WHY I lost a receipt... (most of you however were simply determined to critique my receipt management policy) - the loss of my receipt revealed what appears to be an inadequate record-keeping system in place at the Post Office/Royal Mail/both.

I really do hope (and pray) that one of the self-opinionated here actually experiences the same issue - ideally with a high-value item... No human is immune to accidentally losing things. Perhaps you folks need to pass on your worldly advice to our insurance companies - I am sure they would like to know your secret to an accident-free lifestyle.

You didn't lose your receipt - You shredded it. even though it clearly says you need to retain it as proof.

You seem to be very bitter, even though this issue is of your own making,

I bet you won't shred so quickly in future!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Can I respectfully suggest that the manager of your local P.O. agreed with you in the hope that you would go away. [STRIKE]happy?[/STRIKE]

It worked. :D
    Corrected for you ;)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would say the OP definitely 'lost it'
  • Hermione_Granger
    Options
    To conclude...

Lots of mentions of loss but why no mention of the real fate of the receipt?
    Unfortunately, around a week later, I did what I imagine a lot of people do and shredded a whole bunch of receipts after I had reconciled them in my banking records. Big mistake.
    revealed what appears to be an inadequate record-keeping system in place at the Post Office/Royal Mail/both.

And what about the inadequate record keeping system of the person that held the receipt?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    You didnt lose it!
  • kazzah
    kazzah Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've lost it..........................:)
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To conclude...

Nobody is saying that they never loose things. If you read my post above you will see that i accept this fact so i make sure that i keep things stored in multiple places so they cannot be lost (even if i decided to go mad and shred every physical record of it).

But you seem to completely ignore what other people are saying and are annoyed that other people keep copies of their receipts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure