Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ouch to the ankle and DH :(

But :):) to Florida pot and visas arriving. Bet you're super excited, not long now.

Re dog cage, I think we used ours once, first night we got our dog she slept in it fine, second night she cried so much I caved in and put her in our bed - she slept all night in my arms. We sold it on eBay a couple of weeks later. Waste of money. People rave about them, say you must get one, never worked for us.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Same here with the cage SA. Oakley hated it from the minute he went in and we haven't used it since he was a tiny pup. It's just taking up space (even though it's collapsed) and is potential Florida money :money:. 7 weeks today :j. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One of our labradors used to be able to get out of his cage :eek: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Ankle has got infected :(:eek:. Trust me to need the Walk in Centre while all the NHS computers are down - I felt very guilty going while they were so stressed. Nurse says friction burn is very nasty and infection is obvious. She put a small dressing on it, but didn't want to cover my whole ankle as I need to keep an eye on the redness. If it travels any more I have to go straight to A&E as I'll need IV antibiotics :(. I'm limping really badly (probably not helped by still going to work last night :o) and feel under the weather with a temperature etc.

Today has been a NSD so far. That might change if I end up at A&E.

Heard nothing from the guy who wanted the cage :mad:. Got some things ending on ebay tonight though so hoping to swell the Florida pot.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ankle has got infected :(:eek:. Trust me to need the Walk in Centre while all the NHS computers are down - I felt very guilty going while they were so stressed. Nurse says friction burn is very nasty and infection is obvious. She put a small dressing on it, but didn't want to cover my whole ankle as I need to keep an eye on the redness. If it travels any more I have to go straight to A&E as I'll need IV antibiotics :(. I'm limping really badly (probably not helped by still going to work last night :o) and feel under the weather with a temperature etc.

Today has been a NSD so far. That might change if I end up at A&E.

Heard nothing from the guy who wanted the cage :mad:. Got some things ending on ebay tonight though so hoping to swell the Florida pot.

Take care of yourself hun! That sounds serious :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ditto. Take care and rest when you can x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thirded by me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Oh dear, Lucky, sorry to hear your rope-burn got infected - did you clean up the wound when it happened?

Also sorry to hear Oakley didn't want to use his crate as a den. Feel a bit guilty about that as I did recommend you to buy it.. Shame it didn't work out, and hope selling it adds a decent contribution to your Florida pot!
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hoping ankle is on the mend and you have had a busy day rather than being in A & E
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Robin, I did clean it when I got home, about an hour after it happened, alas the infection must've already taken hold (or I didn't do it as well as I thought I did :o). Have avoided A&E but have still felt unwell and quite tearful today :o. The infection doesn't seem to have travelled, and my limp is slightly better today. DH helped me clean the wound and put a fresh dressing on. I nearly passed out with the pain :eek:. Bless DS2, he's worried that my being 'infected' means I'm going to turn into a zombie :rotfl:.

2 out of 3 items sold on eBay last night and after fees/postage this gave me £26 for Florida pot. The items were donated by my lovely sister to sell, so pure profit :T:A.

Got our house insurance renewal letter today, so that's next on the 'to-do' list. £158 seems very high!! Sure I'll get it down Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport