Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• tracey3596
    tracey3596 Posts: 661 Forumite
    Options
    Fresh (whole?) leg of lamb joints at Aldi were £3-79/kg in our local Aldi, 20p/kg than they were in Lidl.
    ;)
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    tracey3596 wrote: »
    Fresh (whole?) leg of lamb joints at Aldi were £3-79/kg in our local Aldi, 20p/kg than they were in Lidl.
    ;)

More or less?
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    More or less?

Lidl were selling them at £3.99 per kilo.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Huge organic lemons in Lidl at 50p each. Excellent for squeezing / cooking / drinks where fresh lemons slices are needed. Hope they stay on the stock list at Lidl.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,590 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I popped into a different branch of Lidl this lunchtime. Only 2 of the eight tills were open, and the queues were ridiculous. It made me realise I often see queues at Lidl, or perhaps the stores are just more cramped?

The queue management at Aldi is much better - this goes for all the branches I have visited. Somehow the staff seem quicker to hop on and off.

At my Aldi they announce that they are 'opening Till Number X for you' and then they call for a staff member to come to the till. It's a very efficient system.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    It's that time of year when Aldi bring back some of their seasonal buys. Their own brand set honey in large jars has reappeared. I tried it this week and it really is lovely. Much, much nicer than Gales'. £1.25 I think.

The Aldi decaff teabags are back in my store, they were replaced by Tetley for a while.
    No decaff instant coffee though there was plenty of decaff ground coffee.
    It's a very mild coffee, ideal for those who don't like a strong, bitter drink.
    Quark has been on and off for a while in Aldi but they are now stocking two types, vanilla and standard. The vanilla flavour was very, very mild, at least in the pot I tried. Both 75p.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    At my Aldi they announce that they are 'opening Till Number X for you' and then they call for a staff member to come to the till. It's a very efficient system.

Same at the revamped Lidl that opened a few months ago. Staff in Aldi have headsets too.
  • Buggins
    Buggins Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are Aldi still stocking 'manuka' type honey?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »

I cant help thinking that those endless announcements must drive the staff mad though!
    Stompa
  • Buggins
    Buggins Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know about the honey? Making a20 mile round trip at lunchtime so really want to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure