Try Me Free Hunt

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    marris wrote: »
    found today in my T^sco 400ml Pantene with promo packaging . could anyone advise me please, can I buy shampoo & conditioner or it's just one product per household? thanks.

it says in the T&Cs one entry per person. So I would think that is just one item (shampoo or conditioner) but then it says "and/or the dry oil." Be aware you need to send the product back in original packaging! not sure how much you need to leave in the bottle!!
    See all the full t&cs here:
    https://secure.easyanswer.net/PanteneMBG/
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Don't you feel you are scamming the company. Basically robbing a promoion?

If we actually read the reasons I bet half of them are rubbish. Just want free stuff aye?
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SimonSays wrote: »
    Don't you feel you are scamming the company. Basically robbing a promoion?

If we actually read the reasons I bet half of them are rubbish. Just want free stuff aye?

You should read the thread title again. Try Me FREE. :wink:
  • SimonSays
    Options
    3010 wrote: »
    You should read the thread title again. Try Me FREE. :wink:
    Thats if you don't like the product? "If you don't like the product get your money back"

Still kind of robbing the companies? resulting higher prices for all?
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thats if you don't like the product? "If you don't like the product get your money back"

If I understand you correctly then I get where you are coming from.

I take advantage of some 'Try Me Free' promotions but not 'Money Back Guarantee' type promotions because i'm not comfortable from a moral point of view buying a product intending to claim money back regardless of whether I liked the product or not.

I'm sure the companies are aware and take into account a certain amount of claims are not necessarily made because the person doesn't actually dislike the product but, as much as I like a freebie, this type of claim for money back is not for me.
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Not at all. TMF promos asked the person claiming the money please tell us why you like or do not like the product.
  • SimonSays
    Options
    chels wrote: »

I take advantage of some 'Try Me Free' promotions but not 'Money Back Guarantee' type promotions because i'm not comfortable from a moral point of view buying a product intending to claim money back regardless of whether I liked the product or not.

I'm sure the companies are aware and take into account a certain amount of claims are not necessarily made because the person doesn't actually dislike the product but, as much as I like a freebie, this type of claim for money back is not for me.

You get what I am saying :)
  • SimonSays
    Options
    3010 wrote: »
    Not at all. TMF promos asked the person claiming the money please tell us why you like or do not like the product.

Hmm. So all the posts on here "20 words why you don't like it"
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chels wrote: »

I am with you on this. I am more than happy to do Try Me Free's but stay well clear of the Money Back Guarantee's. With the TMF's, it makes no difference if you like the product as you get your money back anyway. With the MBG's, you end up telling porkies if you like the product and still want your money back. Been there a few times and no longer feel comfortable doing it.
  • Crazyangel
    Crazyangel Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I only try the money back guarantee if I have a genuine interest in the product, and if it works - then I don't request my money back, and instead feel pleased that I had a chance to try something that actually works!
    That's why I appreciate people posting the money back guarantee offers too - as every now and then something will pop up that I genuinely would want to try. For example, I have bad adult acne/scarring, so the recent money back guarantee on the Effaclar Duo face cream has been a good opportunity for me to try a new product on the guarantee that if it works I'll be delighted, but if it doesn't I've not wasted yet another £15 on another product which promises to help, but doesn't!

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, £50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure