I Just Want To Retire Debt Free

Options

Comments

• Purplebonnie
    Options
    Hi SunAddict,

Nice to meet you and thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    I didn’t sleep too well last night, not because anything is wrong, I think I am just too fired up with enthusiasm. Of course then today I had very little energy for anything.

Spent the morning cleaning, tidying up and a bit of decluttering. Not spent much time on monetary thingys today. Out to a family lunch today, Dad paid so that was a bonus – who said there was no such a thing as a free lunch. After a huge lunch, came home and fell asleep, now that’s a sign I am getting older!

I spent £9.20 in Tesco on the way home on some bits that we needed. I froze two portions of the soup for lunches later in the week. Tea was toast and hummus. I must google whether I can freeze hummus, I have never tried doing that before.

I found a very large Xmas Pudding in pantry - £5 saved for Christmas

Decluttered work pile – now have a box so that I can move it to where I am working.
    Got rid of old shoe boxes – my husband needs one a year for his receipts so why do I save them all!
    Put away summer clothes

All this is a bit bitty, but I am tired and I cannot be doing with putting it into grammatically correct sentences, sorry. At this point I will say goodnight, work tomorrow.

Running Totals :
    Extra Money : £30.60
    Money Saved : £273.50 (not including non eBay spending) (forgot to include money saved on internet change yesterday)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
  • threepenny_bit
    Options
    HI Purplebonnie - came to say hello after you visited my diary! You said we were striving for similar things such as the retirement and Sw, just read you are a teacher waiting for teachers pension ... me too lol! I now live in Canada but my UK teacher pension is still there; only have about 12 years as I stayed home to raise the children and we moved here in 2003. I am 54 and don't have a work pension from here as I am self employed so trying to pay down all debt and save really hard for the future.
    not sure if I will get state pension from the UK as the contract to provide that will likely finish before I am due to get it - usually happens to me :)
    Will look for you and chat more x
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Yesterday was fairly busy with work. I do enjoy my new job. I work from home, going out for meetings when necessary, which means that I can organise my own hours. I am an early bird and will work at 0500 (in bed with my computer on my lap and hubby providing copious amounts of tea). But this suits me as it gives me time later in the day for other stuff like babysitting, allotment etc.
    I had to take the dog to the groomer and that cost £29.. We have to do this fairly frequently as the hair between his pads grows really quickly and it causes him pain. He also has keratosis, which means that he gets ‘nail’ like things growing out of his pads and periodically has to have them removed under sedation. But he puts up with it all and is a happy little chappy.

Spent £8.10 in Tesco (couldn’t get to Aldi, I didn’t have the time)
    Redeemed £10 of Amazon Vouchers from Opinion Outpost – will save these for Christmas

Running Totals :
    Extra Money : £40.60
    Money Saved : £273.50 (not including non eBay spending) (forgot to include money saved on internet change yesterday)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I didn’t sleep too well last night, not because anything is wrong, I think I am just too fired up with enthusiasm. Of course then today I had very little energy for anything.

This is happening to me a lot lately too. It used to be money worries and now it's enthusiasm to save money :)

Hope you have a good Tuesday. You're making great progress.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I always seem to come up with my best ideas in the wee small hours! Then I'm awake raring to get started. It's keeping the momentum going I find hard, although reading the DFW diaries helps.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Hi Threepenny Bit - you can check online if you have your NI number about your state pension, or write to the and ask for a forecast :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Hi HairyHandofDartmoor and SunAddict, yes I am laying there thinking of ways to save money, mad isn't it! Have a good day :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am a similar age to you, worrying about whether I will have enough money for retirement. My parents keep saying don't worry about it you will have all this , inheritance. They could live to be 100 so of course I don't listen! My aim is to pay off debt then save until I am 60 and see where I am then.

Will be following your diary.
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    My parents are the same and then spend all their time on holidays or eating out! Seriously, I would rather they enjoyed it rather than thinking about inheritance for me (and for many more years).
    Thank you for popping by :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income