'Would you use a 'free' Nando's stamp?

Options

Comments

• skint-student-nurse
    Options
    i wouldnt do it at all. Its dishonest and it would bug the life out of me the fact that i knew my 'friend' was doing this,to the point that i would end up telling nando's about it. so that is a big fat NO from a woman under 30 :)
    ;)
  • Terry1984
    Options
    NO (I’m a woman aged under 30)
    Just because i'd feel too bad. Having said that i probably would eat at Nandos of it wasnt for getting a freebie once in a while from the loyalty card (and the fact that there's a Nandos accross the road from me) but i think theyre quite pricey and overrated...
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    Options
    Might as well just ask the question:

"Would you steal small amounts of money if you thought you would definitely get away with it"

I voted NO but then I lied about my age.

Anyway what's Nando's?
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    No cos its theft and I am not prepared to potentially lose my job and have a criminal conviction for a free meal.
    No cos I'm veggie and don't like spicy food.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • HJ
    HJ Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sad reflection, I was hoping there were more honest people around.
  • GreenBarron
    Options
    I would use it but not many times probably only once. I thought there would be more people on here willing to use it.

I did something similar already, once I went into subway and got to the till and the total was £11 something but when she handed me the keypad to enter my pin it said "enter amount" so I entered 1p and then my pin and left the shop. After checking my bank later I confirmed I spent only 1 pence in subway ;) . But now they have a different system with two keypads so the customer would never have the chance to enter a different amount.
  • Soubrette
    Soubrette Posts: 4,118 Forumite
    Options
    In general I would say no, I'm embarrassed to say that if Nandos had pee'd me off in some way and I felt they had ripped me off then it wouldn't bother me ripping them off back.

For example I went to lunch many years ago at Pizza Hut with a friend, we stressed to the waiter that we only had an hour. A pizza with the wrong topping came and we had no time to wait - it was either eat that one or go hungry. I told the manager that we would eat it but wouldn't pay for it (but obviously would pay for the rest of our meal), he said no, you want something for free? So we left, hungry and annoyed.

So I'd probably have ripped off pizza hut in the few years after but not Nandos.....they haven't pee'd me off.....yet!!!
  • wildthing01
    Options
    interesting what martin said about if he were younger, less well-off etc, would he be more likley to do it - i wouldn't do it now, as i'm an 'upstanding citizen', with a responsible job, and would feel very uncomfortable doing it (not to mention, if i were to get caught, it could easily cost me my job and career). however, as a carefree 18 yr old student, with no cash and no thought for the consequences, i may well have done it...
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    Options
    I would use it but not many times probably only once. I thought there would be more people on here willing to use it.

I did something similar already, once I went into subway and got to the till and the total was £11 something but when she handed me the keypad to enter my pin it said "enter amount" so I entered 1p and then my pin and left the shop. After checking my bank later I confirmed I spent only 1 pence in subway ;) . But now they have a different system with two keypads so the customer would never have the chance to enter a different amount.

and no thought for the trouble the assistant might have got into at cashing up time. Nice.
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • GreenBarron
    Options
    stevemcol wrote: »
    and no thought for the trouble the assistant might have got into at cashing up time. Nice.

They wouldn't have known who made the mistake as it was just a simple "enter amount and take payment from debit card" system. There was nothing to link the transaction to the assistances name or even to the till.

Another occasion I went in there not long after they introduced the "Sub Card" I got to the till and the guy scanned my card. After I payed he asked to scan it again and told me the first time he had given me the points from the previous peoples purchase as they didn't have a card. Would the people who don't agree with the "nandos stamp" also not agree with this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure