PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 13 July 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 13 July 2017 at 6:21AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Thursday 13 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Clear sky and sunshine here, although cooler, load of washing nearly ready to peg out.

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting for work and DS2 still in his pit.

Dinner last night was chicken in a hunters sauce, pots, cauli in cheese sauce, carrots, broc, broad beans, ice cream for dessert. Tonight I'm not sure but will sort it later.

Yesterday work was steady, and feels great finishing at lunchtime instead of working all day - although I need to get better at using the time wisely! Although I did do some meal planning, writing shopping list etc. This morning I will be heading into town to visit the building society and bank, and then I have a nail appointment.

This week I have been trying to keep on top of the washing and drying, at the moment there is only enough for 1 more load in the dirty wash basket, but I'll be stripping our bed shortly and boys will do theirs. I'll need to tackle some housework too.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, thank you for starting the thread nmlc.
    It is dry and fresh here, rain forecast for later in the day. I have washing nearly finished and that will go on the rack indoors with the window open.
    My plans for the day are clean the bathroom and kitchen, general tidy round, Hoover and then the rest of the day is my own. I'm sure that you will all be fascinated by this, there is no end to the excitement of my daily life.
    Hope everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to those in need.
    Went out for a meal last night with DD, I had sea bass, it was delicious.
    No cat feeding duties today, DS & his GF should be home, I'll do a drive by just to check on my way to work.
    Only one more week of work after this week, then its 6 weeks off, back for 6 weeks and then retirement!!
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks. A quick one off me this morning as I have the 2 youngest DGDs to feed, water and get ready for the school run. Then the tedious journey to Leeds (2 buses and a train journey there and back) for Mr TA's appointment at the Oncology clinic. I am hoping when we are back in Leeds after the appointment (en route to the train station) I'll have time to pop in the open air market and grab some fruit and veg bargains. Especially some red peppers to make my favourite soup. Last time I got a big bag for £1.

Hope there are no hold ups or set backs as we need to be back for all 3 DGDs after their swimming/diving for another sleepover and school run. Tonight's dinner already sorted and ready to throw in the oven for when they arrive.

Peace over, off to waken the girlies up! Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

I'm back home briefly, got back from France yesterday and I'm off to see DS2 in The Hague today. Gave the grass a quick cut yesterday, it didn't really need it but would be too long if I left it another week.

Had a bit of a panic yesterday, went for the bus to the airport and it didn't turn up. Went to the tourist office who had given me the timetable and discovered they had given me one from last year! No taxis but the lovely girl in the office gave me a lift in her car - French driving is certainly not for the faint hearted, especially when they are in a hurry!

Not much to do here before I leave, it was lovely to come back to a clean and tidy house - even the builder who came to fit a new toilet (other one cracked) cleaned up.

Hope you are all well, have a happy Thursday! Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Nice bright day here again we have been lucky with the weather so far. Off to work for me it been a quick week this week with only doing three days but still ....... roll on the weekend.

Evie has her 'haircut' on Saturday, her fur is very much like human hair and grows so quickly she needs it doing once a month in this heat, she comes out so soft afterwards its lovely :)

Something and chips for dinner tonight will go and rummage in the freezer after this, I think there may be some sausages in there somewhere.

Our DW died last night :( it Is beyond repair and in the garden atm waiting to be dumped, I might have a look round for a cheap second hand one to keep us going till we get the kitchen done, I washed up by hand last night and hated it :rotfl:

Right have good days all xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

The forecast here today is for a bright sunny day with temperatures between nineteen and twenty degrees centigrade, a nice comfortable temperature for me. I’m hoping that it is right because I would like to go for a walk around the park this afternoon again.

I shall be stuck in all morning because I’ve got the hairdresser who comes to put my colour on due this morning. I have a good agreement with him as he lives on the estate. I buy the colour because I use a trade brand that he doesn’t use, he applies it and I wash it off and then blowdry my hair. This works out far more economical than going to the salon to have it done. It used to cost me £39 just to get the roots done, and that didn’t include the blow dry.

I didn’t manage to find a new mug during my wander around town yesterday, but I noticed on the JL website that they have got some very similar to the one that I broke. I may order a couple. We don’t have a JL here so it costs £2 to have anything I buy from JL delivered to my local Waitrose which is a pain. I will ask my friends if any of them need anything from JL so we can share the delivery costs.

I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner yesterday and need to decide whether to freeze the remaining portions or have some more today. If I decide to freeze the leftovers I need to go and have a freezer rummage for today’s dinner in a minute.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Nelski Thanks for thinking of me lovely :)

I've not had much to say for myself and felt a bit guilty just moaning all the time :o so I thought I'd give you all a break.

I have been reading though.

Hope you are all well :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

How did we reach Thursday so quickly?? Time is flying past.

Yesterday evening I dragged the mower over the grass which was long and wet. I had to stop after every pass to pull grass out of the mower.

Today I'll be heading down to Glasgow for 'doing stuff' for DM. Top of the list is changing her mobile phone network provider. I've done what I can from afar so all that needs done is to put the new SIM card in and ring her new provider with the PAC number. Fingers crossed then.

My own BT woes go on though I've now got an engineer booked for Monday morning.

Last night, about 9.30, my colleague emailed through the correct documents for his students which look as if they are the proper ones. Thank goodness, apparently he's been ill for a while and has 'medicine head'. I'm just relieved that I don't have to fail his students.

For once the sea is twinkling and the sky is blue'ish. It'll make for a lovely journey down the road.

Happy Thursday to all.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning
    Thank you for starting us off nmlc

The rain was lovely, but it looks like it is going to be hot again. Need to get some jobs done in the garden.

Not much to say really.
    You all seem to have so much going on in your lives.
    Mine just seems to be housework, cook, laundry, gardening .... repeat again next day.
    Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Karcher get that butt back here and moan away that is what this place is for the good times and the bad :) It was invaluable for me when I was going through bad times and having virtual friends on here was just what was needed.

Camelot check you out with your jet set life Enjoy the Hague

HH Envying your countdown to retirement :)

Managed to get rid of the car yesterday finally the man came up from Cardiff and started it first time with some magical box he brought with him (Im not big on cars :D) Mum really liked him and went all gooey which was funny and he sent me a message later saying what a lovely sweet mum I had :eek::rotfl: I did offer to throw her in free with the car but he didn't take me up on it sadly.

Off to the dentist in 10 mins its not till 9 but the traffic will be so bad and it is quite a drive way. I know I have one filling which I really want doing as its causing ulcers on my tongue where its been catching. After that I need to do some work for the most of the day but I will chuck some washing in if the weather stays OK

Have a great day everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport