what happened to my clio ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Flying-High_2
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Common problem, your best bet is an owners forum, maybe do some Google searching.

So what's the problem that's common then?
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    He probably means high pressure pump breaking up.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • newbridge
    newbridge Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    could not open the bonnet today, due to rain all day... will try and check the things mentioned tomorrow.
    [STRIKE]Deposit: 25000!!/15000[/STRIKE] Homeowner :j
    quidco cashbacks- 1142.81
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any updates?
    All your base are belong to us.
  • gregpot2000
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    "Oil empty light"? You mean the "You have no oil pressure and are currently killing your engine" light?

Not necessarily….my Audi has an orange warning as well that simply means the oil just needs topping up. The OP may have a similar light
  • newbridge
    Options
    finally got a chance to open the bonnet:

- the oil level is okay
    - cleaned the EGR valve again.
    - Engine still turns(although very slow, similar to when battery is low), but does not start.

"If the ECU doesn't have any stored codes (Is engine management light staying on as you try and start it?) then next step would be compression test think (wet and dry)"

The engine light does not stay on, not sure how to do a compression test.
  • newbridge
    Options
    Do you guys think, buying one of those OBD dongle's from bay will help?
  • gregpot2000
    Options
    newbridge wrote: »
    Do you guys think, buying one of those OBD dongle's from bay will help?

Doubt it, These dongles will only tell you the code if the engine management light is on (usually emissions related). They are good for what they are, and handy to keep in the car.

But it sounds like you need the more indepth software, again, for my car (and all VAG cars) it’s VCDS, and this will tell me every single little fault, even for things like door locks, and when they occurred. I don’t know what the equivalent is for Renault, but as your problem seems quite complicated, you would need something like this.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Muscle750 wrote: »
    Is it turbocharged? If so have any pipes blown off however I would say if its not turbocharged it doesn't sound very promising may of even had a injector let go and now embedded in piston

Even if a pipe had blown off, it wouldn't affect starting. Boost pressure is only used when the engine is under load, so it'll start and run fine off boost.
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    "Oil empty light"? You mean the "You have no oil pressure and are currently killing your engine" light?

Every Renault i have owned or driven since 1987 has had an oil level check when first starting the car.

On the mk3 Clio you get an oil level correct message and if you press the buttons on the stalk you get an reading of the oil level.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure