December Debt Destruction!!!

Options

Comments

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Didnt get to bank today, but envelopes ready and waiting so havent any money to spend either, so first NSD. Also I actually went for a 20 min walk for the exercise and it turned into 30mins so really pleased with myself:) and the other thing I did was to make stew and dumplings which last me three days if I do some more veggies and pots. and started a menu plan for the coming week - so really positve start for me:)

At work tomorrow but as I havent any money (he he) I cant spend anything so will be taking a flask and some toast for my breakfast, which I will carry on doing on work days. Also emptied my purse into 'terry' last night, feeling quite naked really with no money whatsoever:rotfl:

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• rachel84
    rachel84 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Day one... exercising done- 30 min Pure Core Session at the Gym

Had to make today a spend day needed petrol so have filled up (with a 5p per litre money off coupon at sainsburys) Saved £2.20 every little helps so will be transferring that to savings acc. All toiletries bought for the month spent £6.89 (but that included buying a hair treatment which will last approx 3months!)
    Boyfriend out on xmas do tonight, gave me £5 for a chippy tea but resisted and this will also be put into savings acc then at eom all amount will be transferred to my credit card
    Currently owe £718 on 0% until 1st May 2013

For food budget we have quite alot of food in store cuboards to be going on with- would normally top up about 40.00pw but will be slashing this to 20.00pw

Spending Money for the month will only be Xmas presents totalling £160 using the following vouchers:
    £95 bonus bond vouchers
    £30 argos gift voucher
    £5 sports direct voucher
    and 30 cash.
    I only buy for Mum & Dad, brother, Gran, Nanna and boyfriend so cannot cut this down. The total spend on xmas presents will be £180 for everyone as I have already spent £20 so far.
    Looking forward to getting fit again and saving money as I will be in the gym with as much of my spare time as possible :)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 December 2012 at 11:38PM
    Options
    Hey there

Thanks for letting me join.

A small shop in the Co-op today for £20. Included tin for the foodbank and wine for my parents :-( but nice dinner from freezer including HM ice cream and HM yummy choccie biscuits.. Then also bought cut price train tickets for necessary trip to London with DD1 on Monday. That's it so not bad. But can do better. This challenge will certainly focus attention!

Instead of taking car did an hours walk round trip to drop off DD2 off at her mates house..so exercise for her and for me!:T

Will meal plan for the week tomorrow..that will help me focus on the grocery spends and using up what is already in store. HM bread baking as I write;)

Hope everyone is doing well

Brizzle
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Evening boys and girls. Well now DDD day 1 is nearing to a close and I see you have all been busy bees. I wanted to sit and write a little for you as you have all started on such a great day..

Abundant my cat's ears pricked up when I mentioned 10 cans of mackerel. I think if you are able to buy enough food to get a discount then why not. I was wondering how I would be able to do that with my budget and make use of the vouchers I have.. my food budget is a typo and it should have been £50 but I am tempted to just leave it where it is... I haven't bought any food yet but will need to stock up for the moggy as well on Monday at least... but either way well done on the Reebok step.. I gave mine back to my ex as t was a Christmas gift that I really wasnt using. I have kettlebells to knock myself out with...

Stand by moggy chewing a cord....

She likes cords and rubber bands. Might need to get food tomorrow instead...lol!!!

PurpleJay I hope you didn't eat all those muffins before you swam. Can't have a DDD disaster on day 1..:rotfl:..sorry thats not funny...

Determined - last month I had a lot of AP food left. I am heading home to Ireland on the 17th and have £40 budgeted to give my mother towards Christmas shopping.. although she said she only needs £20... my food is going to be very basic. I still have those horrid pasta shells in packets left... its my punishment for wasting money on them in the first place so I am going to eat them all next week... I made more broad bean humus.. I have rice and some quorn left.. so next week is sorted. I will do another load of 12 muffins for snacking at work ( apple this time ).. I am just super strict. I bought a 99p bag of popcorn a few weeks back... blew up a load with a little salt and am bringing a massive tupperware tub to work to see me through "nibbles" tonight at work... and I have loads of kernels left. Usually it would have been dorritos which are MUCH more expensive..... and I buy for the week and aim for the yellow stciket time at Tescos...

Actually Abundant I am re-using my graze box.. I have 15p Warburton pitta pockets defrosted, baby peppers chopped up, onions from a massive batch I bought two months ago ( they last a long time ) .. and home made pasta sauce with quorn fillets chopped up and fried in chilli sauce.. pitta pocket galore tonight...

StGood re budgeting the kids as well. I like it!! I LOVE pizza. Its the one thing I cannot live with out but realized I don't particularly care in what form it comes.. I buy 21p Tesco value pittas, two cans of Tesco Value tomato sauce and a tube of tomato paste.. with one onion I make my own sauce. Lasts FOREVER if you only use it on pittas.. ( I have a bumper bag of mixed herbs and chilli flakes that always go in as well )..frozen bag of corn has lasted for ever as you can't get much on top, I had 2 x 300g tins of pineapple from an AP order and good quality extra mature cheddar..sorted ( with jalapenos if I have them ).. the kids will love building their own as well...

Nanell I am so glad you are excited.. it was amazing wiping my overdraft off this month.. my bank manager is amused by me wanting an immediate reduction every month... she seemed surprised eevn..

Missy - the child support was used perfectly well. They need something extra warm and using that money is a superb idea. Glad they enjoyed watching Mummy be an eejit - they are your own mini cheerleaders.. May I suggest getting a bottle of Tesco Value cordial and something fizzy to add.. wine is always going to be more expensive... treats are for December the 31st...:p

Searching - take all that overtime! Bring it on. I will be working the day after I come back from Ireland hopefully which is awful thinking about it but as Nanell said thinking about a debt diminishing is just too exciting to miss out on...

Right I gotta hit the road... will be starting work at 2300 but I like to get in a little earlier to find my place etc..

I will write more shortly so PLEASE don't think I am ignoring anyone.. Its just super great to hear what is going on with you all! I painted my nails pink this evening by the way just to keep me happy ... its the simple things in life...:p:p:p

Onwards and Upwards...

x x x
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Evening all

NSD #1 in the bag for us. Proud to be able to include my OH in this challenge :D

2 eBay auctions just ended. £24.64 for my old iPod and £12.50 for yet another FIFA ultimate team card of the OH's. Still astounds me people pay for this. A different player went for £22 yesterday evening. Still, every bit that they are willing to pay out is money into our pockets!

No exercise done today as little lady very poorly. Giant food shop delivered (we had depleted everything in cupboards/fridge down to condiments and herbs basically). Batch cooked a load of meals for the baby & split down all the meat I bought into meal sized portions & filled up the freezer :) NO toiletries, NO cleaning products, pure food & drink - should last us a long time & bonus is, it came out of Novembers budget :)

Good luck everyone, well done on getting day 1 down!! :) abundant, you did the right thing doing the shopping, so long as it is stuff that won't go to waste or spoil!! :)
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • missyv30
    missyv30 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Missy - the child support was used perfectly well. They need something extra warm and using that money is a superb idea. Glad they enjoyed watching Mummy be an eejit - they are your own mini cheerleaders.. May I suggest getting a bottle of Tesco Value cordial and something fizzy to add.. wine is always going to be more expensive... treats are for December the 31st...:p

Well i resisted the temptation of a drink you will be pleased lol :) and it would have only been something i had in the house anyway. Though kids had fun am knackered so bed for me good night everyone x x
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 December 2012 at 12:21AM
    Options
    Hello,

Started DDD of with a spend day, but we needed groceries, nappies etc for the start of the month. Also got the Christmas goose (nothing fancy, just Lidl). Kept all my receipts and will sort out my numbers tomorrow or whenever I got time. The next few days should be NSDs. Got my excercise from running after the wee man and taking him to a softplay area (friend paid for us all). Even BF (who doesn't know about DDD) was impressed with the savings we made going to different supermarkets depending on price as he usually doesn't come grocery shopping as I pay that all (cause of the way we split bills). He was shocked how much it can be keeping us fed etc and he was well supportive now of shopping around more and getting cheaper brands.

Night night
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Well I made it to work in one piece. Lovely weather outside tonight - NOT! Frost on my bike cover makes me very happy that I bought the cover - paid for may I add with books sold back to Amazon to the tune of £42. My new rucksack arrived on Friday ( present from Mumsy ) so it was the first test run today. SUPERB!!! I am very excited! However I wish to pay her back for this so will start listing on eBay if I get time tomorrow and see what I can achieve...

LaFolie - cheese and fruit are the two things that I always stock up on on a spend day. Two blocks of mature cheddar for £5 - yes please!! I have been known though to clean through them within a week...:eek: Clementines in Tesco were £1 a bunch for a while - perfectly bitter as I like them. the extra money that Mummy may not need for Christmas will go to buying some cheese and crackers for the family..with grapes and Schleor ( non drinking family )...:rotfl:

The_Cat - baked goodies are brilliant.. I have literally just had the last of my muffins from a week ago that were kept in the freezer.. and well done on getting that money back...:T

WantToBeSE - I have never seen those food donation bins - wonder if they will take Sainsburys basic shells in tomato sauce ( dry food ) in bulk..?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And Abundant I will take those rice cakes - how many packet left now then..?

NannyGladys - you seem to have had a fruitful day. I do love a nice walk - went to the local garden centre last week - 90 minute round trip and nearly died on the way home - might do it again tomorrow if I have enough time. Well done on the flask taking - I have mine sat beside me at the moment - nothing quite like tea tasting of tin...:rotfl:dumpling recipe please..?

Rachel I think its so sweet that your boyfriend gave you chippy money - how cute is that. Does he know its being squirrelled away instead..The day a man thinks to offer me money to eat on my own at home infront of the TV is the day I marry him - that's my kind of man..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OOOhhhhhhhhh Brizzled I can smell that bread from here... mind if I drop in..?? And get you and your marathon walk session - I think you deserve a slice of that yummy bread or 7...:rotfl: yes focus is what we want.. its brilliant crack when you get stuck in..... not addictive at all....ahem,...

Lilt - are people playing stupid money for online cards they can't actually hold??? Your a genius.. and I really hope Bub gets better..Great news on the food front - well done you! I love it when new bits arrive. I am literally down to a jar of beetroot from an old AP order - those horrid pasta shells and chilli flakes...:p..

Missy - I am so proud of you... although I shall beg your pardon as I know you would never have gone out to buy something...sowwwwy!!!

Thrify - I am so glad the OH is on board. This is good news when a boy pays attention to supposed girl stuff - shopping for food.... he is clearly a little MSE'er at heart.. must be great fun doing it all together though... and there used to be soft-play area in Belfast for adults when I was young - you had to be "over" a certain height to get in - great fun!!

Right - that's me for the night - I am off to my own thread to update my kittens... hope you all have a splendid start to Sunday when I am tucked up in my bed - so keep the noise down okay...

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:)

Yesterday was a spend day as planned. Have now got most of ds2 birthday present and managed to use my nus extra card and got a discount too:)

Got some great bits reduced when I went to sainsburys so will have to change round my meal plan a bit now.

Me, bf and kids had a DVD night, with popcorn and sweeties from Poundland, which all came out of happy cash. Was going to go to cinema but had night in instead.

Ds3 opened his sealed tin yesterday and he had saved £29.10 over the year out of his £10 per month allowance. So he had a bit of a spend up in town:) he also bought a new tin to start off a new year of saving. Dd did the same, although she opened hers ages ago. She can now see the benefit of leaving it for a whole year :D a good lesson learned :)

Picked up an outfit for dd in matalan got 20% off as had a voucher. She has shot up again and needed something to wear to a christmas party, two christmas discos and the panto.

Talking of pantomime, I finally got our tickets, got small reduction for a family ticket, so that was £58, all budgeted for. Would have cost me £1 booking fee, but I walked the kids into town to save on petrol and we popped into to the theatre and paid in cash at the box office:)

Today will be my first NSD of December. A bit of studying to do, some baking. But no spending:) hopefully I can keep the purse shut for a while...

Hope everyone has a great day.
    November NSD's - 7
  • PurpleJay
    Options
    Lol, no haven't eaten any cakes :T

Planning a NSD day today (other than petrol). I am running on fumes!

Going to do some more Avon deliveries and vist mum at the care home today. The Avon will involve walking round dropping books off as well as orders so that will be my exercise. I am counting the swimming for yesterday's.

Hubby is taking son to see Santa at the local windmill later and we might put the tree up...:)

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

First job is a cooked breakfast - egg, beans, tomatoes and toast - yummy!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure