PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Buying and want to place a condition for seller

Options

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are you always this rude? this outburst is totally uncalled for IMHO.

I would reiterate what G_M has said.
    G_M is a constant contributor to this forum and has a very extensive knowledge which is imparted quite freely and well received.

Occasionally someone asks a really stupid question, to which a bold, forthright and truthful answer is necessary.

"The truth often offends".

The surveys undertaken by a purchaser are part of the process of due diligence. You have a choice whether to undertake due diligence or not. But at no point can you ask the vendor to pay for your due diligence.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • ComicGeek
    ComicGeek Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would be saying the same thing as G_M if I was the vendor - their mortgage issue, their cost. It's the OP's mention of the perceived vendor's profit that is galling, and absolutely none of their business.
  • fairleads
    fairleads Posts: 595 Forumite
    Options
    mgxeab wrote: »

My question here is that should I go to my solicitors and request that the seller reimburses for the costs of the surveys and tree felling?

No, you should go back to your solicitor and tell them to tell the owner the removal of the tree is for their account and is a condition of the sale.
  • fairleads
    fairleads Posts: 595 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2017 at 7:21PM
    Options
    phill99 wrote: »
    Occasionally someone asks a really stupid question, to which a bold, forthright and truthful answer is necessary.

The surveys undertaken by a purchaser are part of the process of due diligence. You have a choice whether to undertake due diligence or not. But at no point can you ask the vendor to pay for your due diligence.

No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer - the op is asking the vendor to pay for removal of the tree and, there is no harm in including some or all of the cost of due diligence.
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fairleads wrote: »
    No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer - the op is asking the vendor to pay for removal of the tree and, there is no harm in including some or all of the cost of due diligence.

Absolute rubbish. Due diligence is at the expense of the purchaser. If due diligence was expected to be paid for by the vendor, then purchasers would be sending them the bills for bank valuations and structural surveys.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    fairleads wrote: »

If you as a buyer asked me to pay for your survey and the cost to rectify any findings, I would tell you to Foxtrot Oscar. Buyer beware
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • n217970
    n217970 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £1k to fell a tree? I'm in the wrong business....

Personally, knowing you had invested time and money into surveys, fees and the like, if I were the seller I would also tell you to do one.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    phill99 wrote: »
    I would reiterate what G_M has said.
    G_M is a constant contributor to this forum and has a very extensive knowledge which is imparted quite freely and well received.

"The truth often offends".

so am I right in saying you can be as rude as you want as long your telling the truth?

or am I right in thinking that seasoned members should be patient with newcomers? isn't there a rule about being rude (even if your stating the truth) even to the point of "there is no such thing as a silly question!"

anyway its just re-enforced and reminded me why I didn't bother coming on MSE for the last 8months the rudeness and bullying is on another scale compared to other sites I frequent.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Patience and telling what reality is are very different things. We have seen New posters, no matter how much we tell them the same thing, they still ignore and want to hear what the want.

This is not mumsnet, this is site which gives generally straight answers without the sugar and most people appreciate it. Not beating round the bush and leading them to do stupid things
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    atrixblue.-MFR-. Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Patience and telling what reality is are very different things. We have seen New posters, no matter how much we tell them the same thing, they still ignore and want to hear what the want.

This is not mumsnet, this is site which gives generally straight answers without the sugar and most people appreciate it. Not beating round the bush and leading them to do stupid things

So I am RIGHT then, can be as rude as you want because your just being honest is your justification for being as rude to as many new members who ask questions you think are silly stupid or your being ignored, doesn't matter if it goes against the rules of this site as long as its justified in your minds to do so.

csgohan4 wrote: »
    According to your opinion, reading the site rules and etiquette its the opposite of what you've just stated!. Ill give mumsnet a try because if they have the honesty and integrity to be polite to posters over there then that's where I should check out, i'll let MSE know you recommended it because you just basically told me if I want politeness, patience and integrity of posters that's where I should go and not be here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure