Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Tarragondragon
    Options
    cat1984 wrote: »
    That's a bit naughty! No wonder things are slow in getting done your end! I have no idea if this is 'against the rules', but is there no way you can supply the documentation so you know its on its way?

Who knows. I did contact her earlier... so maybe she's got her tail between her legs and is getting them that info today as I asked her to chase them up yesterday.

Needless to say my other half isn't best pleased right now! I'm sure it'll work out int he end... just wish the end would come a bit sooner
  • cat1984
    cat1984 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    I would imagine that would give her a kick up the bum!

Fingers crossed for the both of us were put out of our misery soon :)
  • Tarragondragon
    Options
    cat1984 wrote: »
    I would imagine that would give her a kick up the bum!

Fingers crossed for the both of us were put out of our misery soon :)

Seems so, just recieved an email from her requesting the extra documents. Seems my partner's bank statements weren't sufficient due to not having his name on them :rotfl:
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you are getting requests for documents when you are phoning NatWest it is essential you let your broker know.

At the moment, we are calling to find out where they are upto and they are telling us they are awaiting XYZ and we've never been asked for it!

When you submit the case and the application number is provided, standard packaging requirement might be just one payslip or one bank statement. If they decide they want more, they aren't actually asking for it. You don't send them everything just in case they decide to ask for it later, you send what is requested and that alone.

In addition, the quality of documents which have to be faxed to them, then scanned and added to the case means sometimes things can't be read and they never re-request them unless you call them to ask what's going on...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Tarragondragon
    Tarragondragon Posts: 94 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2015 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Thanks Kingstreet, just had a chat with my MA and my partner's sorting out his bank statements. Just my SA302s that keep disappearing in the post that will probably hold it up.

Update: HMRC lady was super helpful, is faxing my SA302 to my MA to get things moving, while I awaiting my re-sent hard copies :)
  • bettywurzel
    Options
    31/1/15 Sold our house. It had been on the market for 10 months so our DIP had long since expired. We had also stopped looking for somewhere to buy as everywhere that we liked had sold and we were stuck waiting for ours to sell.

12/2/15 Had an appointment to discuss mortgage application at Cumberland BS.

26/2/15 Cumberland BS told us that we failed their affordability checks

4/3/15 Appointment with broker who was very confident we could borrow what we needed to buy our forever home.

5/3/15 Offer accepted on a fab town house, solicitor instructed and appt made with broker to make full application.

11/3/15 Met with broker to make full application to Natwest.

12/3/15 Broker called to say application had been referred (due to a large loan being paid off with a chunk of equity)

16/3/15 Broker called to say mortgage application has been accepted! Also, solicitors called to say our sale is at the exchange stage. Eek!

30/3/15 Our house sale completed without a hitch and we moved in with the inlaws.

w/b 8/4/15 the valuation and homebuyers survey happened sometime this week.

15/4/15 Mortgage offer received! Searches are also complete. Hopefully won't be long now :j
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Biggest smile on my face, ever! Back to drooling over Pinterest, guilt free! :D
    [/B]

Brilliant airyfairy76 :beer: brilliant news.
  • djedga
    djedga Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    djedga wrote: »
    My wife got fed up of me (via broker) telling her that it would be in the post tomorrow (ever since bank holiday weekend).

She phone Nationwide direct this morning who told her "it will be in the post tomorrow" :rotfl: they also told her we were approved and it was just now at assessment stage.

They gave her our reference number and (on another thread) I had seen a basic online tracking facility for paper applications so went and looked. It only tells us that it is at application stage since 24/3, doesn't even show that the valuation was instructed!

We know the valuation has been done (since 2nd April we have had the home buyers report)! So she phoned them back and politely asked what the heck was going on. Apparently the valuation was only received by the underwriter on 13th April..

Last week we were told "valuation looks ok will be passed to underwriter" and every day since Wednesday it has either been tomorrow or today we were supposedly going to get the offer posted out.

At least my mind is at rest that the application is not the issue, just the time to get it assessed by the underwriter. So we will get our offer (in theory) by Friday at the earliest which will be a month from sending the application.

So frustrating!

Seems we have progress finally after chasing today ourselves and through the broker. Just checked the online case progress and see a tick and time from this afternoon has appeared against:

Mortgage Approved

Ref: xxxxxxx
    Name: xxxxxxx
    Case owner: New Case

I'm pleased to confirm that the mortgage application for the above client(s) has been approved and the mortgage offer has been issued. A copy of the offer will be sent to you.

They totally ignored placing any ticks and dates against the valuation instructed/received steps which appears to have been the hold up.... but that doesn't bother me now!

Glad I checked as I wouldn't have known until tomorrow otherwise. Huzzah!:j
  • lazysundays
    Options
    So frustrating about the hold up with documents. Still waiting here too... :whistle:
  • djedga
    djedga Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Full Time Line:

17/3 - Offer accepted and accepted offer on our current property.
    19/3 - Full application sent to broker with payslips, P60s, bank statements, proof of gifted deposit form.
    20/3 - Application sent by broker to nationwide (next day).
    24/3 - The buyers survey was done on our current property.
    25/3 - chased adviser for update on application.
    25/3 - Credit score passed, Affordability passed. Initially wanted proof of bonuses for last two years. Broker asked them to re-key without bonuses as we should pass without, which we did so no longer required. Valuation instructed on our purchase (should happen in 4-5 days). Passed to senior underwriter (probably another 3-4 days until he gets to it).
    28/3 - Land Registry plans received from solicitors to confirm plot requiring searches, instructed searches (also confirmation that draft papers have been received from sellers solicitors)
    28/3 - T's & C's received in post from surveyors to sign and return
    30/3 - Chased broker for update - nothing received
    30/3 - Response from Nationwide, survey booked for 31/3, broker spoke to underwriter, no further info needed, mortgage offer is just pending successful survey.
    30/3 - Searches on our purchase instructed
    31/3 - Surveyor phoned to check any concerns on our intended purchase before he carries out the survey. Also checks regarding level of interest/competition when we offered (I guess to satisfy any potential concerns over valuation level etc).
    31/3 - Our Estate Agent confirmed valuation on our property done, mortgage offer in post to our buyers and searches instructed by them.
    01/4 - Homebuyers report received. Minor issues (lack of gas service report / electrical safety certificate / leaking conservatory roof which is being repaired under insurance). It's a modern house so these things should be fine.
    02/4 - questions re. survey sent via solicitor
    7/4 - chased via broker, no updates from Nwide other than "should be fine, will be passed for final checks tomorrow"
    8/4 - No update
    9/4 - chased via broker - same as above, still no update should hear tomorrow
    9/4 - checked in with solicitor, draft contract sent to buyers, searches complete (look ok).
    10/4 - no time to chase, no update.
    11/4 & 12/4 - Tried not to think about it!
    13/4 - Sent broker an email first thing, solicitors requesting mortgage info. Offer will be sent today, will call me when done. No call.
    14/4 - Searches received
    14/4 - original deeds with covenants from build received. Noted additional covenant on land bought to add to rear of garden (shed/greenhouse/garden use only permitted)
    14/4 - Sent broker an email - no answer received
    15/4 - Sent question re. covenant on additional land (term and who enforcing etc) just so we know.
    15/4 - Sent broker an email, wife chases Nationwide discovers they didn't get the valuation until 13/4. Broker chases Nationwide, discovers wife chased too (I didn't know she was going to do this). Broker tells us the underwriter has made a few notes to look at the valuation and then put the case back in the queue. Strange...
    15/4 - Check online with ref number and offer appears to be issued this afternoon!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback