Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hi

We have four more weeks, five until students are back.

Sounds like you are getting that list ticked off. I'm doing a bit of eBay listing myself today, and will spend a bit of time in the sunshine. I may now have to mop the bathroom and kitchen floors in solidarity with you :D

Enjoy your day

Bexster :)

ETA: I do love fresh towels. I also need to re-silicone the bath. It looks dreadful!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 August 2017 at 12:58PM
    Options
    Another break for now, Bed remade, 1st washing hung out sun shining - then downpour, no warning by the time I got to the door there was no point bringing it in. However just a heavy shower, now another 2 loads ready to be hung out.

Bedrooms and hall windows done (10) if you count both sides ~ I've done 20 windows :j only another 10 to go (20) :eek: Fixed 2 cords that attach to the wall for my roller blinds - 1 off the wall and the other twisted meaning I was opening instead of closing every time - very annoying. The other needs a bit more work ie drilling ~ another job on the list of to do's - to get done's :)

Ok, break over, 2 lots of washing need hung out.

Hope your 3bay listing goes well, have now sold 2 items but hoping for some more - usually Sunday night is good for buying/selling.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll join you on needing to sort our shower and bath out! I've re grouted but now desperately need to silicone!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Everything has finally caught up with me, and so today was in bed for 7.00pm. Woke around 10.30 ish, and made a cuppa, but was nearly falling asleep drinking it.

Managed to get grass cut but just the front and front side - a task in a half. Not much else done, hope I'll be feeling much better in the morning as have left everything I usually do at night till the morning so I need to be up earlier than usual, wash hair, work clothes at the ready and a couple of parcels to be wrapped - all before leaving for work before 8.00am. The very thought.

Night all.

ps on reading that back - grass was cut on Sunday - not today.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Hope you have survived the working week AFK.

I'm having a new shower fitted tomorrow now I've done the seal on the bath. Then I have to pick up some edging tiles in blue to go around the bathroom between the tiling and the painted wall. That will be the bathroom done for now ( couple more things to finish it, but bigger jobs for another holiday). Office is sorted. Bids on eBay items which is great. Cash on collection items which is always interesting! They don't finish until a week on Sunday so hopefully they will collect the next week.

Away for a few days next week, last break before return to work.

Hope you have a quiet weekend planned. I've done shopping at Aldi today and filled the car up so once showers fitted tomorrow, hopefully a peaceful weekend

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Didn't quite make it :( got BP taken and sent home immediately :o

So rest and more rest on the cards for this weekend, and hopefully by the time I go in on Monday it will be much much lower, if not :eek:

Sitting here with my feet up just now, taking at easy, mind going ten a penny, thinking, washing to be done, ironing, hoovering and didn't manage to change the kitchen blind plus a load of other things.

Blue is my favourite colour for the bathroom, so sounds lovely. Funnily enough my shower was making a rather strange noise this morning, so was just hoping it would stay on long enough to get shampoo out of my hair.

Enjoy your few days away, hoping the weather is kind to you and (going with anyone in particular) ;)
    Have a lovely time, whatever, or should that be whoever. :cool:

Had planned to go to Lid1's after work, but plans changed for me, so now I have no milk in until I get to the shops (such a minor thing as not a tea jenny).

Enjoy your weekend and last break before starting back.:)
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Sorry you were sent home! Worrying about what needs doing does not sound relaxing and conducive to lower BP! :naughty::naughty:

Thank you, I'm looking forward t the break. Only in the UK, but should be lovely ( am ignoring all other comments on this matter :D).

The tiles are a Laura Ashley blue/green. I'm just going to do a small border but I think it will look lovely.

Watching fantastic beasts and where to find them this evening. If you have Amazon or Netflix I suggest you do similar rather than worrying.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Long lie in for me this morning till 7.10am :) taking it easier this weekend as need ti make work on Monday (short staffed) even though I was told to go home on Friday (not by my bosses mind) either that or I was being admitted :( avoiding that at all costs).

3bay not been kind - 1 sold yesterday, 1 today and 1 wants to return an item saying it doesn't fit :( Hey Ho take the good with the bad. Just sorting through another load, and have started an ironing, then in my mind I have quite a few pairs of trousers needing the hems taken up, so that just may be my next job.

Not been shopping yet, had planned that after work, before events took over and sent straight home. Bed not made yet :o as I may return to it pretty soon, very tired.
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Def take it easy AFK. I now have a new shower. I will collect the tiles tomorrow. Bathroom all clean and shiny now. Time for a coffee and rest

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Def take it easy AFK. I now have a new shower. I will collect the tiles tomorrow. Bathroom all clean and shiny now. Time for a coffee and rest

:j All shiny and squeaky clean.

Have taken things easy this weekend, had a snooze in the afternoon, then was out for dinner last night with DB and mum, then onto Lid1's (A girl certainly knows how to spend a Saturday night :eek:)
    Today a few items listed and have another bag photo'd ready for listing, easy come, easy go, one emptied and another just given to me from my mum, seems she was clearing out yesterday, oh well. Ironing finished yesterday and bed is made ! ! ! :D I won't be going back to it this afternoon.

3bay has been exceptionally quite for some reason, I have heard some say they feel it is sometimes switched off/on in certain areas. Could this be the case? Maybe they know I need the rest :rotfl: and someone is looking after me :A whoever you are :) thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure