IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Ticket whilst parked outside a friends house visiting, do i pay?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You don't need the case. Cite it, by all means, but there isn't a lawyer (or law student) in any commonwealth jurisdiction that won't know of it, or more specifically the delightful judgment from Denning LJ in that case...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A quote for you, cite as Spurling v Bradshaw [1956] 1 WLR 461
    “I quite agree that the more unreasonable a clause is, the greater the notice which must be given of it. Some clauses which I have seen would need to be printed in red ink on the face of the document with a red hand pointing to it before the notice could be held to be sufficient".
  • infernouk
    infernouk Posts: 166 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2017 at 6:20PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Google!

Plenty of resources from Wikipedia to Law resources summarise it, and Lord Denning's 'red hand rule'.

Costs schedule needs to be filed a couple of days before, to the court and the other side, along with your skeleton.

Thanks, so the skeleton can wait and go with the costs nearer the time? I read in the sticky it was 2 days before? How about the witness attendance attack document?

Right now its just this witness statement and the exhibits that need to go?

Interestingly, the same witness is being used against me as was used in this case, can i reference this and send it in my exhibits? as its essentially the same case...or cant i use a webpage as an exhibit

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/pcm-uk-signage-does-not-create-contract.html

Thanks!

And here is my proposed final WS submission!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0knidhn2i8o27pr/WS%20Redact.docx?dl=0
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Right now its just this witness statement and the exhibits that need to go?
    Yes, I would send it.

Skeleton and costs schedule go a couple of days before.

And the first things to challenge on the day are:

1. The Right of Audience of the hired gun who rocks up, to try to stop the claim dead (BMPA can help).

2. If the hearing proceeds, next raise your objection to the fact their witness isn't in attendance.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • infernouk
    Options
    Yes, I would send it.

Skeleton and costs schedule go a couple of days before.

And the first things to challenge on the day are:

1. The Right of Audience of the hired gun who rocks up, to try to stop the claim dead (BMPA can help).

2. If the hearing proceeds, next raise your objection to the fact their witness isn't in attendance.

Im cautions of the witness attendance approach actually. Looking at that parking prankster link above, the witness does show up and shes an ill trained employee with no legal backing, but might be foolish to go planning to state they arent there when its likely they will be
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Also present was Georgina Philpot, the PCM employee who had signed their witness statements.
    OK so if she shows up, as in the above case, with the Hired Gun then you can't question Rights of Audience, because PCM would be there.

But you would then be able to put her to proof of her statements and 'personal knowledge' (she isn't someone out at the car parks dishing out penalties, she appears to be a pen-pusher).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • infernouk
    edited 29 July 2017 at 12:30PM
    Options
    OK so if she shows up, as in the above case, with the Hired Gun then you can't question Rights of Audience, because PCM would be there.

But you would then be able to put her to proof of her statements and 'personal knowledge' (she isn't someone out at the car parks dishing out penalties, she appears to be a pen-pusher).

Yep ill plan the approach to that closer to the time. I have emailed the documents to Gladstone as it was too much to print off in total. Then i will just post a paper copy to the court.
  • infernouk
    Options
    Hey guys, im just sitting down to write the skeleton argument and costs for the case, a friend told me that costs are fixed? yet ive seen others claim a list of expenses in their cases to various sums, whats the truth there? As for the skeleton I assume i can work from examples in the newbie thread then post it here for review

here was my proposed costs document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sgnelmev8mvkpq/Schedule%20of%20Costs%20RD.docx?dl=0
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think there's an example of a cost schedule in the newbies sticky, post #2 as well?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • infernouk
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I think there's an example of a cost schedule in the newbies sticky, post #2 as well?

the schedule was from an example, my query was related to maximum ammount
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport