COUTTS Bank - how much to be a customer?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Where I work, someone came in once with a Coutts card wanting to buy some stuff. He was waving his card around asking "do you take this?" (it was a standard mastercard), to which i replied "yeah, i've got one of those and use it here all the time... except i get my one for free from natwest ;)"... he wasn't best pleased.
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    There are a lot of fees there, aren't there? Sounds like a bloody expensive way to do your banking!
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    There are a lot of fees there, aren't there? Sounds like a bloody expensive way to do your banking!

Well you're paying dso phones are answered when you call, if you're promised a call back you'll get one..

Also tax planning advice etc, so even with a £600 fee if they save you £1000 its worth it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    Well you're paying dso phones are answered when you call, if you're promised a call back you'll get one..
    Er... sounds like first direct... and i dont pay them a cent ;)
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    Er... sounds like first direct... and i dont pay them a cent ;)

I was just thinking the same thing.

I've seen the oh-so-special Coutts cards. They look like someone threw up on them. Give me First Direct, HSBC Plus or even RBS' Cashline Plus cards (like the CP, it's a pretty blue colour and that's good enough for me) over that.

FWIW as a shop cashier I always used to make a little bit of a joke of it if a Coutts card was presented. Never had someone try and wave it around to big themselves up (although this was Waitrose, they didn't really need to... ;))
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    How much more interest do First Direct pay on their current account over Coutts then? Coutts don't charge a fee if your account balance is over 10k, and you can also walk in and talk to anyone, and plus the access to full investment and tax advice

There's a reason that the rich only ever get richer, good quality advice from wealth management experts!
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    withnell wrote: »

There's a reason that the rich only ever get richer, good quality advice from wealth management experts!

Perhaps they may consider moving these " wealth management experts " to the boardroom of the parent company.:rolleyes:
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    Perhaps they may consider moving these " wealth management experts " to the boardroom of the parent company.:rolleyes:

You do know you've already made such a comment in this very thread already, right?
    What would William Shatner do?
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    You do know you've already made such a comment in this very thread already, right?

He's made such a comment in pretty much every thread, tbh... ;)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options

So..? I was responding to a different poster, no law against that is there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure