PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Renting with situation

Options

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Why, I bet there are people here who've never kept up with the Kardashians, or who think that Kanye West is the man who selects the best pilchards before the rest are rejected....

I have to confess near total ignorance about Kardashians - can you call the council if they invade your home?

And thanks for the tip about Kanye West - if anyone's home is affected by dangerous pilchards we now know who to contact ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »

Why, I bet there are people here who've never kept up with the Kardashians, or who think that Kanye West is the man who selects the best pilchards before the rest are rejected....

Weren't the Kardashians the enemies of Dr Who, two series ago? Isn't Kanye West the seldom seen son of Timothy West and Prunella Scales?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    I have to confess near total ignorance about Kardashians - can you call the council if they invade your home?
    No. NASA.

(I believe the UK does have a secret RAF unit that monitors and responds to alien landings in the UK but you didn't hear that from me.....)
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    No. NASA.

Would that be the National Alien Shifting Authority? I cannot find them online.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would that be the National Alien Shifting Authority? I cannot find them online.

Having just looked Ms K up on the interweb, I don't think the first "A" refers to aliens, but some much larger threat! :eek:
  • Lazarus_Blackstar
    Options
    Oh dear, another poster who doesn't like to hear what he wants to hear...........
    Will someone please think of the children! ;)
    "The truth is of course is that there is no journey.
    We are arriving and departing all at the same time."
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 June 2017 at 5:25PM
    Options

And thanks for the tip about Kanye West - if anyone's home is affected by dangerous pilchards we now know who to contact ;)

I think you may be too young to recognise my oblique reference to a very old TV advert, but believe me, that's a very good thing! :)

EDIT: This is the the 'modern' one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLBelwQd2kA
  • Things.Past
    Things.Past Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATE;
    Local association sent out a member of staff, the Bees were considered to be in a dangerous location. The bees have now been removed and relocated. Very pleased, everyone happy, Job Done.
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATE;
    Local association sent out a member of staff, the Bees were considered to be in a dangerous location. The bees have now been removed and relocated. Very pleased, everyone happy, Job Done.
    Except for the bees.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    UPDATE;

Yes, there's no doubt they were in a dangerous situation, as you wanted to get rid of them, by whatever means.

Lucky that local beekeepers gave up valuable time to do this and that both nests were so easily accessible that the removal/ relocation was possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure