Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hugs. Not sure what else to say.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    Terrible news about your hairdresser Beanie, certainly makes you stop and think about what is important.
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yup Beanie - unexpected events make us focus on whats important in life - its very sad about your hairdresser.

Don't do too much and having time to rest is allowed - infact its more than allowed it vital - little and often gets the job done often much faster than trying to tackle it all at once an then being too exhausted to do anything for ages.

Be kind to yourself - imagine the advice you would give to others - and give it to yourself xx
    January spends - £587.58
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Yup Beanie - unexpected events make us focus on whats important in life - its very sad about your hairdresser.

Don't do too much and having time to rest is allowed - infact its more than allowed it vital - little and often gets the job done often much faster than trying to tackle it all at once an then being too exhausted to do anything for ages.

Be kind to yourself - imagine the advice you would give to others - and give it to yourself xx

echoed by me sending love and hugs
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »

Just said this on your thread :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Toothache raging.
    Been to dentist.
    Got antibiotics.
    Need to have it root filled or out.
    Bah is all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Still in shock really.
    46 is no age at all.

Got an important board meeting tomorrow for a charity of which I am chair.Ho hum.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's awful about your hairdresser. Unfortunately death has no respect for age. What a shock for everyone close to her.

Boo to the toothache.

Good luck with the board meeting.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • selloptape
    selloptape Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh that is really young :(
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options