What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 4 September

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: very autumnal here and we're forecast rain all day, so no washing here today. Other things planned though, WFH again so hoping to get through a decent chunk:

Check banking - all ok
    Check cc to see if payments have updated
    Make boozy blackberry jam will fruit left over from the liqueur I made yesterday. Will use BM
    Make pasty for quiche - didn't do yesterday
    Make sausage plait for tea, use few bits of veg knocking about to go with
    Some form of exercise later, hoping for a run
    Maybe pop to town whilst smalls are at school, have return still to go back and library books too. Also want to take my boots in to be heeled, feels like I'll be wearing them soon at this rate :rotfl:
    Frozen banana for breakfast smoothie. Only 147 to go :rotfl:

Right, must drink this coffee and get on with somethings. Enjoy your day. Purps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2017 at 8:14PM
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    I took a look at the OS preparing for winter thread. I don't think conditions are ever going to be so harsh down sarf that I will need to cook on a camping stove but it makes me look forward to winter.

I live in the SW, and we get power cuts lasting several hours now and then, which means if you are all electric and want a cuppa you need to get the camping stove and kettle out (one reason I bought a gas cooker when we finally moved somewhere where gas is available). Not necessarily in winter, but usually due to power lines or sub stations being damaged by weather, falling trees or whatever. London is probably much more reliable, but outside of big cities it can be an issue even for us soft southerners :rotfl:

Anyway, just started pouring with rain here today - OH won't be happy as he has gone to play golf :eek: My list looks like this:
    Walk dog if it stops raining (no way he is going out in that, he says!) Done
    Ring dog groomer re dog's needed haircut and hairdresser re changing date for mine, and do not get appointments muddled :rotfl:Done
    Check banks Still to do
    Clean bathroom Done
    Check for surveys Not many today!
    Take new stock to sales unit, bring back some of the unsold stuff and put it away Done, phew! I should be thinner than I am, with all that traipsing up and down stairs with boxes!
    Try and avoid going supermarket shopping for another day :) This largely depends on whether OH is happy to eat what we have got (still a considerable amount) rather than preferred cereal etc that we have run out of. OH decided to take himself off to the supermarket, forgot the list, forgot his flippin cereal but at least only spent £9.15. He even managed to get 4 of the things off my list, more by luck than judgment I am sure :(
    OH did at least return an unused pot of the paint he bought the other day for a refund :)
    HM meals from plan, pork steaks, HM oven chips (Hairy Bikers diet ones) and vegetables planned for dinner, leftover pasta or fridge bits for lunch :)Done
    Go through fridge to see what needs using or freezing included some mushrooms with dinner, sliced and froze the rest.
    Used some French beans and a big tomato with dinner
    Used up 2 gifted but not very nice pears by peeling and chopping, mixing with some apple slices from the freezer and the bowl of raspberries picked yesterday, and adding a crumble topping :)
    Also made a batch of scones :)

There will probably be more, let's see what the day brings :)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think I would quite enjoy that, Dawn, as long as it didn't last too long! I'm kind of in awe of harsh weather conditions, I love the sea when it's rough and I love listening to the Radio 4 shipping forecast :o I've just read a book about a woman hoarding supplies to quarantine her family when a virus was sweeping Australia and many times I thought about y'all and how we'd probably all be survivors eating from our cupboards and drinking out of our water butts etc :rotfl:

Today is get down to business day (once I've finished my tea that is :p) I need to find my tax reference to register to sell as a company on Amazon, register with the barcode people and find out how they are supplied and find somewhere to generate them if needed. I need to ring the printers, in an ideal world I'd like to go down to have a look round but I will compile a long list of questions and see if I can do it on the phone.

I have someone interested in some diet drinks I got free from work so hopefully they will collect and pay today.

I'll have crumpets for breakfast and may defrost some ham for ham, egg and chips later, all of which I already have in so no need to spend :T
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 September 2017 at 10:58AM
    Options
    DNMS- I'm so glad that madam had a good first day at school, I miss those days.

I have been trying to read along where I could. where I was staying for the sporting competition the signal was shocking.I am so overtired it is untrue. I would have to be up at 5.30am to make sure everyone was where they should be. I also ate so much with 3 square meals a day that I have just gone off food.
    Arrived home Sunday night and had the decorator and plumber coming in with further decorating and to put in a heated towel rail yesterday. Didn't really want yesterday but it was the best time to get the plumber and a good job as well as he found the boiler was leaking-I thought the cat sitter had been a bit enthusiastic with the cat bowl washing when I found a pool of water!!
    DD did well, double gold and has been picked up by GB.
    No spends at the competition, and decorator monies all ready and accounted for.
    Have to buy a few bits to for DD for uni, will be an expensive start to the month, but it should even out with just feeding me once she goes the end of next week, then it will be keeping monies aside to help her with her sporting competitions.
    Her boyfriend is coming to stay at the weekend, apparently he likes his food and eats like a horse, so I am ready to raid my stocks and will also get some shopping in at Tesc@-they have sent me thru some new vouchers and the tinned cat food that my gang like is 25p a pack cheaper there.
    Have a good day everyone, even though the weather is miserable x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Lottebear
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

So far so good, yesterday was a NSD!

Went foraging for sloes
    DD had a friend over and they played all morning.
    Went to the park

I have cashed in £40 from survey and working towards others, purchased another Christmas gift, the stash is growing...

Food at home today, left over pasta meatballs tonight.
    Might go to softplay as it raining.

Keep a watchful eye on the budget as I not working currently, I have put 2 spends on my CC so I need to keep some money back for them.

I need to keep an eye on my gas bill as it has gone up dramatically but I don't know why. I thing the clock might be incorrectly set.
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Only things in the pipeline for today is freezer lunches and then a small tea before we go to pub quiz tonight where supper is included.
    Got some ironing to do but not sure I'll be that good today!
    Written a list of items I want to get finished for stall I've got booked for Xmas, if they don't sell they'll do for Xmas presents/etsy/donations
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Well done to your daughter happy kitties :T:
  • FatVonD
    Options
    The girl did good, HappyKitties, you must be so proud!

I'm having a quick cup of tea before ringing the printer but I have:

Registered to sell on Amazon
    Bought my domain (though won't put up a shop for a bit)
    Registered to get my first 1,000 bar codes, should keep me going for a while :rotfl:

I'm waiting for someone to ring me back to talk about product liability insurance.

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I've had a bit of a stinker of a day to be honest. Day 1 of teaching and there are already a number of kids with a really bad attitude at school. I've never had to get kids into trouble on the first day, ever, until today. Not happy...
    Then dd got sent home from school for wearing the 'wrong shoes'. They are all in new, very expensive uniform and the specification was formal, leather shoes. I got her suede, which apparently classes as canvas and not leather. You don't want to know how angry I am. Thankfully we'd bought 2 pairs of shoes so she had another, smooth leather pair to go back in. I'm much more angry that they sent her home without my permission when there was nobody home for her...
    Plus I was stuck in traffic for over an hour this morning even getting to school in the first place.
    On the brighter side, I'm home now, the cleaner has been and it's my telly night. So feet up!
  • FatVonD
    Options
    That sounds like a mare of a day, CCL, enjoy putting your feet up!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure