Options
    am a Nigerian, how can i join please help
  • ololade
    Options
    am a Nigerian, how can i join please help
  • paulfarrugia
    Options
    Hey Wtk54,

Check out http://globalhelpswap.com/volunteering/. The volunteering opportunities are all responsible and mainly with small charities. Most of the gigs are helping animals and environment work but there was a building one in Nepal I think.

Good luck!

Paul
  • Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you already a volunteer in this country? Volunteering here will give you a sense of what you can do and like to do ( try something completely different and out of your normal zone!). There are umpteen organisations in the UK, both local and national, who would love an extra pair of hands, especially if you are willing to muck in with hard labor. Wildlife and conservation charities are always looking for people who are physically active and willing to build paths, lay hedges etc. The British countryside is in dire need of care and conservation ( speaking from experience as a wildlife volunteer.)

Getting into such projects will help build contacts in foreign projects and build up your CV. If you can demonstrate your skills and commitment in this country, you may be taken more seriously for foreign projects.

Please be aware that volunteering as a labourer abroad can potentially mean taking away a real job for a local person. ( Not always, but something you must be made aware of; have a look at the consequences of some "orphanage" projects.)

As you are literate and numerate, your organizational skills may actually be more helpful in a project in areas with poor education.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure