Thomas cook currency cards

Options
Sold as saving money as you preload card but actually costs more than your normal bank card in ATM. Is anyone going to call them on this mid-selling rip-off?

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What on earth has this got to do with CCE..?
  • Merrytwo
    Options
    I would be very wary of Thomas Cook Currency Cards. I had some of their dollar travellers cheques left after a holiday in the USA, expecting to be able to use them next time I went back. In the meantime, due to a serious illness I forgot all about them. I have recently come across them but have been unable to use them in a country which accepts US dollars as well as their own currency. The issuing bank nor Thomas Cook will accept them or refund the money. I wouldn't EVER consider using any of their currency cards as they will obviously not honour them.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Avoid all such cards from travel agents, Post office and supermarkets, it's probably cheaper to use your regular bank debit card abroad. See the MSE travel money advice articles for the best choices.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sold as saving money as you preload card but actually costs more than your normal bank card in ATM. Is anyone going to call them on this mid-selling rip-off?

Why do you not do it?
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure