Non electric heaters required

Options
I need a non-electric form of heating for my bathroom. I have central heating but there are no radiators in my bathroom and I don't want to spend extra in installing one.
Are there any small portable gas/liquid fuel heaters which can be used to heat a room for 10-20 minutes?

Comments

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately most oil filled radiators/ heaters are electric powered and therefore have to be wired in and other portable heaters are not safe for bathroom use
  • dauphin
    dauphin Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have probably considered and rejected the standard type of cabinet LPG heater as too large - and I suspect not suitable for bathrooms due to potential lack of ventilation in a small room. Probably they can't be made much smaller because they have to house a 15kg gas cylinder which is bulky in itself and if a smaller cylinder were used it would not last long.

It is possible to obtain modern paraffin heaters; not sure where in the UK, but they are readily available in France. I don't mean the old ones which used to be popular in this country 40 years ago and were a major fire hazard; these new ones are made by reputable manufacturers and look quite smart. Problem is, they are very expensive - might be cheaper to add a radiator to your c.h. system!

Do you really have to go non-electric? There are lots of electric heaters made for bathrooms, eg wall-mounted fan heaters, radiant heaters. Or how about an electric towel rail to take the chill off the room and dry your towels at the same time?

Otherwise, try researching caravan equipment suppliers; they may have suitable appliances which I am not familiar with.
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A couple of good ideas there for me to consider dauphin. Perhaps I should check out the camping scene as well. It must get cold in those tents at night sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure