Sky ends friday. Is this possible?

Options
My Sky package comes to an end on friday and its in my name.
Would it be possible for my wife to get Sky in her name with one of the 50% off codes?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    If she lives at another address.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • reecesanford
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    If she lives at another address.

same address :rotfl:
    know a guy who works for Sky and they said it was possible but i wasnt sure.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Their offers usually state that you should not already have a Sky installation so unless your wife lives in a flat above I think you will be lucky to get what you would like. However check their T&Cs or check by ringing them first.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    so unless your wife lives in a flat above I think you will be lucky to get what you would like. However check their T&Cs or check by ringing them first.
    No need to check T&Cs. Only one Sky account per household is allowed. As the OP has just cancelled, he (and his wife) will not be able to take advantage of "new" customer deals like the MSE 50% code for at least twelve months.

know a guy who works for Sky and they said it was possible but i wasnt sure.
    He really is quite naughty telling you that. He will certainly know it's not allowed.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got 50% off tv, without even trying, after my free year ended last week. I also got free line rental and £10 credit, so there's no need for deception.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I got 50% off tv, without even trying, after my free year ended last week. I also got free line rental and £10 credit, so there's no need for deception.

What did you tell them to get the 50% offer?

They don't seem to want to do more than 35% off at present.
    ====
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »

Mine goes off Sunday ...but they are sticking at 35% off for me as well!!:(
  • teddysmum
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    What did you tell them to get the 50% offer?

They don't seem to want to do more than 35% off at present.

I sorted the phone/bb deal then asked what they could offer tv -wise, as I didn't want the Family package, as our tv is not full HD and only 32".

No haggling; just an offer of half price, then as I agree dthe whole package, he added a £10 credit, too.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    In the notice period, I had no offers at all. After switch off, still nothing, but a message on My Sky saying no internet offers could be made ,so phone them.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »

I managed to get 50% off today using live chat. Was straight up and said that I could get 50% off on Virgin and they were only offering 35% and I was giving them one last try before signing a contract with Virgin. Guy agreed almost immediately to the 50% for 12 months.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport