Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 5 June 2016 at 3:21PM
    Options
    OP has already explained why that is important to her.

Body wise we are all different... my cousin has beautiful fingernails with 0 effort, I'm talking rapid growth into perfect French tip shapes.

My Mother, she is typing with hers at work they get so long.

I once admired a friend's natural nails, met with a blank look, those to her were utterly normal.

Me? To look at them you'd think I was a biter, which I am absolutely not. They just rarely grow and break soon after they do.

It's more than once I've thought of hitting the nail bars big time & it is surprisingly depressing when you lack something the majority get without thought.

I wish you luck OP :) Crisps are totally my downfall too!
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Poor_Single_lady Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the help. I am quite attached to the lady who does my legs and I know i couldn't match what she does and it wouldn't be as good BUT I decided if she leaves or goes on maternity I will try and do it myself but at least for rest of the year im sticking because it makes me very happy.

Bought train ticket Today and spent £4.40 on bread, cheese, yoghurt. For me to come out of tesco with only 3 things is unheard of (and usually buy a posh paper that i never read) so happy with small progress! Contents insurance not due till august so bit of leeway there.
    Will see what the week brings. Hope everybody enjoyed the weekend.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good for you, always feels like a massive achievement when you leave the shop without buying loads that you don't need.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Lovely evening tonight. Lovely dinner and company. Apparently I paid last time so only spent £12 tonight on drinks. From purse not bank so slightly better to use cash.

Very tired.
    Need to pay for lunch tommorow.
    Looked up all accounts today, looks to be around £14,700 so need to reign on before pay day. 20 more sleeps. Goodnight all.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    OP has already explained why that is important to her.

You have to cut your coat according to your cloth. If she genuinely has £35 (per month?) spare to spend then it's no problem, of course. But the fact that she's on here seems to suggest that's not the case.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    19 more sleeps till payday. Friend cancelled on me for lunch so having no lunch with me I went to my favorite cafe and spent 7.20 on lunch. It is stupid but have to say it was lovely. Work is mega busy so I cant see that we will rearrange this side of payday but could have done with knowing the day before and would have prepared something! Never mind. Its done now. Be better tommorow. Got 2 new dresses with a next gift card I had so that will help with the work-wardrobe-nightmare it seems only I suffer from. On way home for beans on toast for tea. Spaghetti bol tommorow. Curry thursday. Take lunch in both days. This is the plan. Nothing social planned hurray finaly! Hope everyone's enjoying the heat although its not great commuting weather!

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    19 more sleeps till payday. Friend cancelled on me for lunch so having no lunch with me I went to my favorite cafe and spent 7.20 on lunch. It is stupid but have to say it was lovely. Work is mega busy so I cant see that we will rearrange this side of payday but could have done with knowing the day before and would have prepared something! Never mind. Its done now. Be better tommorow. Got 2 new dresses with a next gift card I had so that will help with the work-wardrobe-nightmare it seems only I suffer from. On way home for beans on toast for tea. Spaghetti bol tommorow. Curry thursday. Take lunch in both days. This is the plan. Nothing social planned hurray finaly! Hope everyone's enjoying the heat although its not great commuting weather!

Och that's fine you would have probably spent that amount if not more on lunch with your friend anyway.

I need a new work wardrobe big time but I am going to lose 6st so will need to wait until my clothes are way too big for me before I buy anymore, refuse to spend when I am intending on losing quite a bit of weight this year & next.

Beans on toast sounds fab, I am gonna go home & have a wee 'pierce lid several times' meal, a healthy one through from the Be Good to Yourself range :rotfl:

Its dulled down a bit now, can see it raining by the time I leave work.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you dolly. I feel 7.20 is a lot for lunch, i should have got a sandwhich from tesco, would have been more sensible. but I couldn't have not eaten so I suppose its not the end of the world. I hope your weight loss goes well. I put stone on in the last year. Its so hard to reduce. So I wish you well. I think crisps are one of the culprits plus bread for me. And cake, it always seems to be someone's birthday everywhere you go. Any (safe) weight loss should be celebrated because its bloody amazing when it happens.

I could potentially get to saturday morning with 3 non spend days. Just need to buy milk which i dont count, not sure if thats the rules but its how i do it. Then dentist and eyebrows on saturday. And Should be a cheap sunday.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't count things like that, they all come out of my grocery budget that I keep separately.

Got my eyebrows done yesterday, get them threaded & still find it so sore!

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got my eyebrows threaded once about 10 years ago and it was so painful I said never again! But my lady that waxes them says she can do it with minimal pain so I may take the plunge seeing as how its a time of change! Plus she says its cheaper.
    Today was an nsd. Im very excited. Home fed and watered. Had spaghetti bol with strawberry's from saturdays market visit and ice cream.

Going to market again on saturday. Tommorow should be an nsd baring anything unforseen and friday too.
    Plus no crisps since friday which for me is massive. I can do this. I just need to focus and avoid as many social outings as possible! Curry defrosting for thursday dinner. 18 sleeps till payday.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills