Should I sell the things I love?

Options
13»

Comments

• Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    One of my close friends sold up and moved to Cyprus earlier this year. She sold everything she owned except her dog and two suitcases of clothes and photos. Everything else went on eBay.

She says she wished she did it years ago. (She's in her 50s). She's enjoying her freedom from material possessions, and her ability to move as the mood takes her.

A bit drastic perhaps, but if you can't play them, perhaps you won't miss them as much as you think. (Although I probably wouldn't part with them purely to finance Christmas).
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • lady_noluck
    Options
    I used to collect Bad Taste Bears and had A LOT! But money got tight, I sold everything else I could bear to part with and still needed cash, so ended up selling the most valuable ones. It broke my heart to do it but 6 months later I don't even think about them anymore (until now that is! lol) I'm glad I sold them becuase the money was much more useful than some item I just look at occasionally.
    I'd say bite the bullet and sell the drums, you don't use them and chances are you won't for a while. You'll just look at them and wish you could. I wouldn't sell the car though cos it's a project and you can do something with it.
    Don't sell just to buy other peope nice things either. If they're true friends they'll understand your financial situation and not expect anything.:beer:
    My mind not only wanders .......... sometimes it leaves completely
  • narnia2000
    Options
    I was unlucky enough to have to sell my former family home of 19 years to a ruthless developer, he employed ruthless tactics resulting in me leaving loads of valuable stuff. However I took family pictures, and worthless items which meant more than money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure