Are ISA's interest calculated daily?

Options
I'm thinking of opening an ISA but it seems like the interest is calculated daily on HSBC and Halifax. Are all ISA's daily calculated as I'm hoping for a quick hit and run of possibly £50?

Thanks
Waddle you do eh?

Comments

• carnet
    carnet Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Interest on cash ISA's is calculated, like all other savings accounts, on a daily basis ie. on the length of time the capital has been in the account.

If, for example, you open a cash ISA on 4 April and close it on 6 April you will be entitled to two days interest ie .0054794 of the yearly interest.
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    kevtrader wrote:
    Are all ISA's daily calculated as I'm hoping for a quick hit and run of possibly £50?

...I've just seen a rainbow outside and I'm off to look for the pot of gold! I reckon my odds are better than yours!
  • kevtrader
    kevtrader Posts: 3,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that!

That has given me another problem should I put the money in an Isa in July so to get 9 months worth of interest as the amount I was going to put in empties my account or wait if there is a good offer later in the tax year?
    Waddle you do eh?
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can open one in July and transfer it to a better ISA later in the year. Although you must check the terms & conditions of the account. An increasing number of accounts are charging for transfers out and some have restrictions on transfers in.
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    Put whatever you can in now (TODAY!), as that will come out of this years allowance, but this only makes any sense if you can leave it there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure