Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Redman wrote: »
    No less than what I expected from ATOS PR, a stock answer.

Growing evidence points to the fact that ATOS are sending out ESA50's without referrals from the DWP.

After all, ATOS do need these regular reassessment to fill their coffers.

Hi Redman

If you can send the evidence to the address in our profile we can investigate the circumstances. If there is no referral from DWP to Atos Healthcare it isn’t possible for us to progress with a Work Capability Assessment, even if a questionnaire is somehow sent out and returned.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Halight,

the complaint procedures asked about and referred to are the guidance followed by staff in relation to processing and investigating a complaint. It is these that are owned by DWP and need to be requested from them. Information for people about how to complain is available and it was this that was being referred to in the other answer. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your replay,

I think I get it, well some what anyway.

Would you be able to out line your Complaints process's on here please so everyone can understand what to do if they have a complaint.

The sort of thing I think would be helpfull for your to post would be,

1, Were to start, How to make first contact about a complaint .
    2, The phone number to phone to start the complaint off.
    3, The Address to put the complaint in writing.
    4,How long dose it take to have your complaint looked out.
    5, what can you expect to happen when your complaint has been looked at .
    6, The next step if you don't like the outcome of the complaint, Were do you go next, I.E. Higher up.

It would very very use full to the people of this forum to have this info.
    After all, You said you were hear to help your" customers "
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • skeggysteve
    Options
    What training do ATOS give to doctors that fill in the forms that get sent to the DWP?

Just bumping my question!
  • halight
    Options

Try This sort of thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzHxXg0rfQ
    Originally Posted by skeggysteve
    What training do ATOS give to doctors that fill in the forms that get sent to the DWP?

It was filmed under cover.
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Options
    Originally Posted by skeggysteve

Isn't it all done by computer software that Atos call LIMA!

AKAIK LIMA virtually drives the assessment by "telling" the so called "healthcare professional" what questions to ask then at the and it's a matter of whether the computer says Yes or No!!
  • schrodie
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    Try This sort of thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzHxXg0rfQ

It was filmed under cover.

And Atos still try to maintain they don't have targets!!!!
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • halight
    Options
    Hi mightyroyals,

sorry for taking so long to clarify this. We don’t have targets for the outcome of an assessment – we look at extremes of trends just to keep an eye on quality. That is a fairly standard approach to quality checking.

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jul/27/disability-benefit-assessors-film

Please go to site to read the full stor

==============
    Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals low, film suggests
    GP applied for job with Atos assessing whether benefit applicants were fit for work, and secretly filmed his training

Secret filming of training given to doctors recruited by the private company Atos to assess whether sickness and disability benefit applicants are fit for work suggests that staff are monitored to ensure they do not find excessive numbers of claimants eligible.

The footage will trigger a new debate over whether there are fixed targets for the number of people who should be granted the new incapacity benefit – the employment and support allowance – something the government and Atos, the company hired by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to conduct the fitness for work tests, have consistently denied.

The film also demonstrates the unease about the radically heightened eligibility criteria felt by some trainers employed by Atos to teach new recruits how to carry out the tests. It is now harder for some very severely disabled claimants to qualify for support. No matter how serious claimants problems are with their arms, for example, "as long as you've got one finger, and you can press a button," they would be found fit for work, a trainer explains.
  • halight
    Options
    Originally Posted by Atos Healthcare company representative
    Hi mightyroyals,

sorry for taking so long to clarify this. We don’t have targets for the outcome of an assessment – we look at extremes of trends just to keep an eye on quality. That is a fairly standard approach to quality checking

More from http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jul/27/disability-benefit-assessors-film

Please Go to the site to read the full story.

=================================

The trainer tells trainee assessors: "If it's more than I think 12% or 13%, you will be fed back 'your rate is too high.'" When Bick questioned how the company could know in advance the precise proportion of people who needed to be put in this category, the trainer replied: "How do we know? I don't know who set the criteria but that's what we are being told."

Bick asked: "So if we put 20% in, we would get picked up on?". He was told by the trainer that, in that scenario, his cases would be reviewed
    The film also reveals Atos's lack of accountability for these appeals. The trainer explains: "Good thing for us is, even if you made the wrong decision … you never go to the tribunal. So, sort of, you won't be blamed."
  • schrodie
    Options
    Quote from the Guardian.
    The DWP said it was unable to respond in detail to the programme's findings because it had not been shown a full transcript, but a spokeswoman said it was "nonsense" to suggest there were targets or expected results of any sort. She said assessors' results were monitored to make sure they adhered to an average, adding: "If individual Atos healthcare professionals record results considerably outside the average, their work may be audited to ensure quality. If no issues are found with the quality of work, no action is taken."

QED!!!! What more proof do you need.
  • halight
    Options
    schrodie wrote: »
    Quote from the Guardian.

[QUOTEThe DWP said it was unable to respond in detail to the programme's findings because it had not been shown a full transcript, but a spokeswoman said it was "nonsense" to suggest there were targets or expected results of any sort. She said assessors' results were monitored to make sure they adhered to an average, adding: "If individual Atos healthcare professionals record results considerably outside the average, their work may be audited to ensure quality. If no issues are found with the quality of work, no action is taken."]

QED!!!! What more proof do you need.[/QUOTE]

==========================

Taken from above,
    spokeswoman said it was "nonsense" to suggest there were targets or expected results of any sort.

Well The new PIP that replaces the old DLA,
    By the DWP our numbers, 20% of people who claim DLA at the moment will not be able to claim PIP. Saving about £2bn a year.

So they have a expected result for PIP.

I would find it strange if there was not an expected target or result for ESA.

Atso also have the Government contract for PIP Claims.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure