PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ... How do we recognise each other? I have visions of looking for a little tiger and a very tall rainbow cake.

:rotfl: I don't think I'd get on the bus dressed as a cake!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It isn't raining here today and is 10 degrees :D I have one load of washing inside on the airer I bought yesterday and two loads on the rotary airer outside:D Another load is in the machine now :)

More parsnip soup this dinner time, yummy :) Hubby is apparently cooking tea tonight and we are having corned beef pie, which is from the Paul Hollywood cook book.

Hope everyone is having a great day :)
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2016 at 4:35PM
    Options
    GQ seems to have disappeared. She posts on Not Buying it and Make do Mend and Minimise. We have discussed it. I think our main difference is there is only one of her and there are two of us. Thus two plates, two cups, two lots of towels and bedding. God knows how they manage opposite us they have three kids.

She's still around. She's been speed-reading/thanking posts on another thread that I suspect is being boycotted somewhat at the moment.:lipsrseal - as its turned nasty at the moment.

These things happen sometimes on MSE...
  • princesstippytoes
    Options
    She's still around. She's been speed-reading/thanking posts on another thread that I suspect is being boycotted somewhat at the moment.:lipsrseal - as its turned nasty at the moment.

These things happen sometimes on MSE...

If you mean the SHTF thread then she posted there yesterday. And you're right, she is thanking posts. I know that 'cos she thanked mine. :beer:
    Life is too short to waste a minute of it complaining about bad luck. Find joy in the simple things, show your love for those around you and be grateful for all that you have. :)
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2016 at 5:06PM
    Options
    I rest my case - and less than 11 minutes for one of them to post and another one to "thank" her....hint = colours 'r us....

...and hence thinking "people who haven't been around for a while on MSE may not necessarily recognise a troll when they see one".

confesses to still not having figured out just why there are a few people around that are nasty for the sake of it.....(not GQ I hasten to add...as she is normally one of the more reasonable and intelligent posters on here).
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you all have fun if you get to meet up, too far for me, but I'll be with you all in spirit.

You will probably all do well to ignore the rest of my post as it is a full on rant and whinge and of no interest to anyone, but I really need to get it all of my chest.

Hubby is gradually recovering from the loss of his mum, but it has left us with financial problems, we were spending £60 to £80 a week on petrol visiting MIL and her husband, we usually spend £30 every 2 or 3 weeks. We didn't begrudge the expense but it was a bit of a hit.
    Then there was the funeral, MIL thought she'd paid for everything up front but we were still hit with a bill of £1000. This was split 3 ways and paid by us and 2 of the BIL's, MIL had 4 sons but one refused to contribute.
    Next the are the ongoing problems with MIL's will, all very stressful and a likely bill of £15,000/£20,000. This is also being split 3 ways, we were going to take out a loan to pay this, but it is looking like we will now be able to pay it bit as a time as and when we can.
    This is not so we can benefit from the will, it is to protect FIL from the BIL who is being a PITA.

We are now having problems as DD2 seems to be suffering from mental health problems. Over the last few weeks I've had to buy new uniform for DGS. Despite me spending £200 in September to kit him out in the first place, he was wearing the same dirty clothes for 2 or 3 weeks on end.
    He also wasn't arriving at school on time, he wasn't getting in until between 10:30 & 12:30. This isn't acceptable so I have been roped in to collecting him every morning and getting him to school on time.
    I get to DD's house every morning with a clean set of uniform for DGS, collect anything dirty and bring it home with me to wash.
    This has doubled my weekly petrol bill and I've spent another £60 on uniform, I'm more than happy to help but the money has to come from somewhere.
    Then just to add insult to injury, I was at work today waiting for DGS to give his PE kit when one of DD's friends who work at the same place as me said.
    'I do think your DD is wonderful, I keep telling her she's Wonder Woman, I really think you should do more to help her'
    AAARRRGGH, I've already brought up my family, I am nearly 65, still working full time, and helping DD when I can. Hubby and I pay for DGS to have drum lessons and ensure he gets there, we also pay for dance lessons for DGD5 buy her leotard etc. and get her to her lessons, we have one of the DGC to stay every Friday night and every Saturday I look after DGD18months so SIL can coach DGS's football team.How I didn't punch this woman on the nose, I don't know!!!!
    And breathe, I sneak out quietly now I got all that off my chest.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
    Options
    Hester

...and breathe....

I get where you are coming from....and I'm sure we will all sympathise on that one...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Nursemaggie, GQ is still posting regularly on the Preppers thread but she's a busy girl and maybe just doesn't have time to spare at the moment? I don't know for sure but she seems OK!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes lyn I came over to have a look. I looked back 5 days and wished I hadn't. We were a little worried on MM&M.

Oh Hester what can we say? Shall I come and punch her for you it would be better coming from a stranger. Teach her to get her facts straight first. I will be thinking of you and wishing I could do something as I am sure will all the others.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hester, I am so sorry, I hadn't realised things were so bad. I am sorry I joked on the Daily Thread about you meeting yourself coming back.

Has your DD seen her GP, is there any medication she should be taking?

As Nursemaggie says we would all help if we could, I know we consider ourselves friends here, but it would help if we all lived in close proximity.

I know you are made of stern stuff but please take care of yourself as well as everyone else.

Much love

Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family