PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2012 at 10:57AM
    Options
    Check out this guy's research into making every available inch count in a small space; the beach hut especially is pure dimensional magic, up there with the Tardis :D He also goes to the Scottish farm where cubed living space was born.
    Popperwell wrote: »
    It depends how much the population are prepared to take SB44. Whether they accept all the austere measures and cuts/changes to the benefit system that affects the disadvantaged etc, with a shrug of the shoulders or make their feelings known in the only way that they can and that usually means some kind of unrest either an ordinary march/walk or more robust.

The trouble is that will result in two reactions from the Government, "ordinary" people will be ignored or condemned, when the chancellor was challenged over the explosion of Food Banks yesterday by a parliamentary committee over his autumn budget statement he hardly batted an eyelid.

Yesterday the Daily Mail(I hardly read newspapers these days)as the price of a newspaper can give me a meal and radio/TV/internet news is more upto date but there is a European League table on living standards and we have dropped from 4th to 6th place between 2010 and 2011 where other countries have mainly stayed in the same position.
    Awww...please don't keep picking on the poor politicians. They have a hard time, what with their names on various boards of directors & having to choose in which house they'll be spending crimbo this year cat-attack-smiley-emoticon.gif

The best prezzie for me would be to invite that bloke with the teeth..y'no..from Boring Dancing..the dancing moosh who does that show, where the contestants have to fit in a hole :p with them all from the HofP! The pool behind will automatically send those who don't do the hole, to a work capability assessment so they have to prove entitlement to their place as an mp. The hole itself will be incredibly tight & covered in stuff like utility bills, till receipts & basic living costs that have to be paid from a super restricted budget or you fall in the pool too.
    Hey Ch4/5..I thought of this & claim my share to all profits made from airing this show :rotfl:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    just found this free dowload for kindles

WI libary of cooking vol 5

wish i had a kindle now:rotfl:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Womans-Institute-Library-Cookery-ebook/dp/B00847S8OG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1355569087&sr=8-11
    Work to live= not live to work
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    Options

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Womans-Institute-Library-Cookery-ebook/dp/B00847S8OG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1355569087&sr=8-11

Thank you.
    There's Kindle for PC and several smartphones which allow you to read Kindle ebooks without having a Kindle, if you do acquire a Kindle down the line everything you've downloaded to a Kindle app is free to download again.

Volumes 1 and 3 are also free at the moment.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 December 2012 at 1:18PM
    Options
    Part of preparedness is also paying attention to your health.
    The alternative medicine brigade has been saying for years that the average Vitamin D level is not adequate and insufficient Vitamin D could impact on and perhaps lead to all sorts of conditions.
    Anyhow, given the recent publicity on this, it now seems to be a mainstream view.
    I probably fall into the category which needs supplements, but I decided I ought to check my levels properly. There's a path lab in Birmingham that does NHS tests but also does private Vitamin D testing for £25. So I've sent off for a test kit - you send them a speck of dried blood :eek:.
    I could probably have it done on the NHS but don't want to come across as Mrs Hypochondriac :(.
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    BigMummaF wrote: »

Awww...please don't keep picking on the poor politicians. They have a hard time, what with their names on various boards of directors & having to choose in which house they'll be spending crimbo this year cat-attack-smiley-emoticon.gif

The best prezzie for me would be to invite that bloke with the teeth..y'no..from Boring Dancing..the dancing moosh who does that show, where the contestants have to fit in a hole :p with them all from the HofP! The pool behind will automatically send those who don't do the hole, to a work capability assessment so they have to prove entitlement to their place as an mp. The hole itself will be incredibly tight & covered in stuff like utility bills, till receipts & basic living costs that have to be paid from a super restricted budget or you fall in the pool too.
    Hey Ch4/5..I thought of this & claim my share to all profits made from airing this show :rotfl:

:rotfl: thanks for the giggle

that reminded me of this little gem from George Carlin, i warn anyone that is 'sensitive' or dislikes swearing you may not want to click on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDO6HV6xTmI
  • Confuzzled
    Options

amazon offers a kindle for pc, so if you download that you can still read this, i use it all the time ;)
  • Confuzzled
    Options
    nuatha wrote: »
    Thank you.
    There's Kindle for PC and several smartphones which allow you to read Kindle ebooks without having a Kindle, if you do acquire a Kindle down the line everything you've downloaded to a Kindle app is free to download again.

Volumes 1 and 3 are also free at the moment.

i had a nosey around and found this link site that connects you with tons of free kindle books
    http://www.ereaderiq.co.uk/free/

the following 3 books seemed like they might be helpful for prepping, i've only done a cursory look over them though so if you don't like them just ditch them

Home Remedies for Cough - Natural Cough Remedies That Work

A Beginners Guide To Urban Gardening

Natural Health Remedies For Everything - Natural Healing Vol 2

there are LOADS of cookbooks on there so if that's your thing well worth a look. the filtering isn't the greatest on the site but if you don't mind scrolling through you could get all sorts for your kindle or kindle for pc
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Strictly on topic :snow_grin I've been meaning to ask, what is shtf? snow hit the fan?

:xmastree:
  • Confuzzled
    Options
    meher wrote: »
    Strictly on topic :snow_grin I've been meaning to ask, what is shtf? snow hit the fan?

:xmastree:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

no, no, no, the S in this equation is brown not white and very smelly, you definitely don't want this S to hit the fan ;)
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aaaaaargh dropped my mobile phone down the loo (before use I hasten to add!) so now have it sitting in a big bowl of rice to see if that helps it dry out a bit. any old styler prepper thoughts on getting a smart phone to work again once it's been submerged?! :D
    Blah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport