Pip assessment this morning

Options

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    billywilly wrote: »
    Personally I can't really understand why this could happen. At my assessment the assessor tried to get me talk freely. I wasn't at all happy with that method preferring to answer yes or no, or maybe/maybe not was all she got. When she tried to push for more information, I resisted and kept quiet, pointing out that I had already given my answer.
    The report when I read it was a good representation of what I had agreed to or not.

You should perhaps point out the results of this strategy were that you did not get any award.
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I rarely even bother now Roger. I seriously cba with him these days. Karma will get him soon enough.
  • billywilly
    billywilly Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    rogerblack wrote: »
    You should perhaps point out the results of this strategy were that you did not get any award.

But it still doesn't mean that I am cured? That I don't have substantial care needs and that my mobility is poor by anybody's standard.

As for my strategy, how would you feel having to drive 70 miles on your own to an assessment, then feeling tired and stressed but be expected to enter into a dialogue with a stranger for two hours. I was feeling very low and ill. I didn't have the patience to have a 'nice little chat'. I kept thinking of the return journey, I could feel my blood sugars were hitting a high and I needed my pain medication.
    All I wanted to do was answer the questions and go home.
  • catty26
    catty26 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    But it still doesn't mean that I am cured? That I don't have substantial care needs and that my mobility is poor by anybody's standard.

As for my strategy, how would you feel having to drive 70 miles on your own to an assessment, then feeling tired and stressed but be expected to enter into a dialogue with a stranger for two hours. I was feeling very low and ill. I didn't have the patience to have a 'nice little chat'. I kept thinking of the return journey, I could feel my blood sugars were hitting a high and I needed my pain medication.
    All I wanted to do was answer the questions and go home.
    Thank you again for your comment , but this thread was meant to be about my daughter and problems with pip and how our journey went and to ask for advice and if i can help anyone who is in this process , Why don't you start your own page as sorry to say you have not offered help just talked about your self and questioned things i have put . .
  • billywilly
    Options
    catty26 wrote: »
    Thank you again for your comment , but this thread was meant to be about my daughter and problems with pip and how our journey went and to ask for advice and if i can help anyone who is in this process , Why don't you start your own page as sorry to say you have not offered help just talked about your self and questioned things i have put . .

I was only trying to point out that you may have had a good result with the PIP system, but not everybody has the same.
    You were lucky in that you had professional help along the way, many others don't - they go it alone. Your daughter may have had you as support at the assessment, many others struggle and have to go it alone.
  • catty26
    Options
    I was only trying to point out that you may have had a good result with the PIP system, but not everybody has the same.
    You were lucky in that you had professional help along the way, many others don't - they go it alone. Your daughter may have had you as support at the assessment, many others struggle and have to go it alone.

Thank you but i think my daughter and my self would rather her be healthy than this .!!! The help is out there if you take the time to find it.. goggle is a good guide ! .or listen to some of the informative and helpful people on here!!!!! . We are not lucky in anyway . . i just try to do my best for my daughter like any parent does !
  • billywilly
    Options
    catty26 wrote: »
    Thank you but i think my daughter and my self would rather her be healthy than this .!!! The help is out there if you take the time to find it.. goggle is a good guide ! .or listen to some of the informative and helpful people on here!!!!! . We are not lucky in anyway . . i just try to do my best for my daughter like any parent does !

I appreciate what you say, but you must realise that trying to access any form of help is nigh on impossible in some parts.

I had a 140 mile round trip journey to get to my PIP assessment. I had no one to go with me. I drove there and back on my own. The assessment took 2 hours.
    I had to fill in the forms on my own as there was no available help around.
    It would have been lovely if I had have had someone to guide me with the form filling, accompany me to the assessment and possibly drive me there.

It went against me because I had to drive all that way on my own!
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I appreciate what you say, but you must realise that trying to access any form of help is nigh on impossible in some parts.

I had a 140 mile round trip journey to get to my PIP assessment. I had no one to go with me. I drove there and back on my own. The assessment took 2 hours.
    I had to fill in the forms on my own as there was no available help around.
    It would have been lovely if I had have had someone to guide me with the form filling, accompany me to the assessment and possibly drive me there.

It went against me because I had to drive all that way on my own!

I had no help to fill in youngest's form (my choice, it wasn't rocket science) and we took the train as I couldn't drive there and still be safe to drive home as I have my own issues with health.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • catty26
    Options
    SingleSue wrote: »
    I had no help to fill in youngest's form (my choice, it wasn't rocket science) and we took the train as I couldn't drive there and still be safe to drive home as I have my own issues with health.

I hope it all went well for you sue. ? x
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 June 2015 at 7:45AM
    Options
    Yes it did thankfully. He was awarded enhanced care (21 points) and standard mobility (10 points) until 2021, which is the same (apart from the change of name) as he was receiving before on DLA.

Awful trial for him though, he doesn't like people or stange places and even now, 3 weeks on from his assessment, is completely freaked out by it all and his therapies and medications have had to be increased to help him deal with it.

Needs must though as they say.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure