Options
2»

Comments

• Heedtheadvice
    Heedtheadvice Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just another thought.

I am not familiar with the model but is it a smart TV?

If so do you have a mouse connected?

Maybe just loud enough to wake it up.
    :)
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    3 people here who obviously use them, one besides you who does not. Millions are sold every year, the odds are that many of your neighbours have them.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it...
    I'm not questioning if they are good or worth having but in my experience it is not rare that anybody bothers with the standard speakers fitted into the tv.
    Myself and a neighbour have connected tvs to hi fi's. One other neighbour uses a surround system and a friend uses a bose radio. None have soundbars.
    Not sure why you're so defensive of them.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I'm not questioning if they are good or worth having but in my experience it is not rare that anybody bothers with the standard speakers fitted into the tv.
    Myself and a neighbour have connected tvs to hi fi's. One other neighbour uses a surround system and a friend uses a bose radio. None have soundbars.
    Not sure why you're so defensive of them.

Connecting tv to hifi , another reason which proves that the standard
    TV speakers are an afterthought these days . They were good until tv went down the flat route. Only saying :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Just another thought.

I am not familiar with the model but is it a smart TV?

If so do you have a mouse connected?

Maybe just loud enough to wake it up.
    :)

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Connecting tv to hifi , another reason which proves that the standard
    TV speakers are an afterthought these days . They were good until tv went down the flat route. Only saying :)
    We both had tvs connected to hi fi's in the past but don't bother now. It was done because the connectors were there and I had the leads.

TV sound can be improved but in my experience the majority of people don't use soundbars.
  • catoutthebag
    catoutthebag Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Options
    The speakers on built-in tv are excellent nowadays. My parents never had all these sound bar, surround rubbish, so maybe why it didn't cross my mind when I got my own place.

Tv sound is great, hence why they sell millions a year and not the equivalent number of extras...if the sound on your TV is not good and you need to compensate by spending more money, buy a better tv.

Besides, who watches TV? I listen to the radio, and If I need to watch something, I use a laptop or phablet. Watching TV seems quite antiquated.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The speakers on built-in tv are excellent nowadays. My parents never had all these sound bar, surround rubbish, so maybe why it didn't cross my mind when I got my own place.

Tv sound is great, hence why they sell millions a year and not the equivalent number of extras...if the sound on your TV is not good and you need to compensate by spending more money, buy a better tv.

Besides, who watches TV? I listen to the radio, and If I need to watch something, I use a laptop or phablet. Watching TV seems quite antiquated.

No TV has 'Excellent' speakers, granted some are better than others, but none could be described as 'excellent' and none could not be improved with an external device.
    As for your second question 'who watches TV?' Well, you do, which is why you started this thread in the first place. Your TV doesn't sound great, it squeaks, to the point that you asked if you should replace it.
    Just turn it off and stick with your other entertainment sources, annoying squeak gone.....Problem, if ever there was one, gone.;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills