Advice: Lloyds refused Packaged A/C claim now offer to reconsider

Options
A couple of years ago I submitted a claim to Lloyds Bank regarding our packaged current account with them. Twice in our history we were told we needed to take a packaged account product in order to get credit. First time we were applying for a loan, second we wanted to buy a different house and needed bridging finance - both times our Lloyds branch told us we needed to move to the next tier (Platinum, then Premier Banking) in order to get the facility.

Our claim was rejected as we had activated the mobile phone cover and used the AA cover options supplied with the account. My argument was that I had no ability to select the most appropriate products for my needs or shop around based on costs, but instead consumed those elements of the account rather than spend again for the most appropriate products as I was told I must spend this money anyway for the credit facility (I cited that I drove a company car with breakdown cover included and so didn't need cover yet both my wife and I were covered by the packaged account). We didn't take it any further at the time as we aren't normally the people to seek any compensation.

We have just received letters from Lloyds Bank asking if we would like them to reconsider our claim. I can only assume something changed in test cases and that they suspect our claim should have been upheld, but I wonder if anyone can give further information that would guide us to winning any revisit?

Has there been a change in the way decisions are being made?

Thanks for any help you can give

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ask them to reconsider the complaint and see what their response is. You have nothing to lose.
  • ct.herron
    Options
    Hi, got the same letter today

I’ve returned the letter filled out and I’ll see what happens.

Strange letter to receive... and would seem pointless for them to send out if your complaint was to refused again?

Let me know
  • BrummyGit
    Options
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking. I was hoping someone knew the reason they had been sending these out as I'm sure its not just an act of kindness.

Oh well I'll report back whether we have any success.
  • BrummyGit
    Options
    No response yet, but I did take a few days to return the letter.

Any results for anyone else yet?
  • Lee1892
    Options
    Hi, i!!!8217;ve had the same letter. What was the outcome of your reconsiderations?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lee1892 wrote: »
    Hi, i've had the same letter.
    Ask them to reconsider the complaint and see what their response is.

You have nothing to lose and will likely receive at least a Plevin refund of undisclosed commission.
  • vicki84
    vicki84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

I have just received the same letter did anyone have any success?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Some will have.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some will have.
    These all sound like Plevin letters being sent to people who have had PPI rejections, so most will now get a refund of the undisclosed commission.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strange letter to receive... and would seem pointless for them to send out if your complaint was to refused again?

Not at all.

In cases where a failure in the checking was found on a certain number of complaints, it is normal to invite the others checked within a similar period by the same group of people (not necessarily just the one that made the mistakes) to have their cases checked.

People who take up that offer, are checked again but it doesn't mean they suffered the same issue that caused the review to be offered. I am aware of a review like this that involved over 500 cases where re-checks were offered due to a failing and 140 people took the offer up and not one resulted in redress as they didnt suffer the problems. in that particular case, the cases were not linked to the ones that had the problem other than them falling within the date range.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure