Ideas wanted to make money as a Stay @ Home Mum

child minding is one idea....any others?
“…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"

Comments

• save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well a good idea would be to take some time and look through all the great threads in this part of the forum
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi HappySad

Have a read through Martin's Boost your income article

Good luck!
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    I found betterware a very good thing to do when my 2 were little.
    It does rely on there being a vacancy in the area but the turnaround is quite quick on this job as people think it is a quick buck only to find actually you do have to go and collect the magazines afterwards and return a week later with the ordered items.
    When I did it,there were two rounds which I did when the kids were able to be with my husband(they were only 3 and 4). As he worked shifts this often wasnt very long. I could get out and delivery my 100 catalogues and back to the house in about an hour. When he couldnt have them,I took them with me.
    It can pay well if you are willing to put in the time.
    Kleeneeze seems to be a similar thing but I think you have to buy the round while with betterware you dont.
  • carolt
    carolt Posts: 8,531 Forumite
    Sell stuff on ebay.

Do research for AQA (see thread on here).
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I used to walk round all the charity shops every day and buy things which looked like antiques or collectables and sell them for quite a bit on ebay.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • I've found that Phoenix fits in well with my life as a SAHM as you can sell at coffee mornings, play dates, toddler groups and the school gate.
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • HI , you could try being a survey taker there are some good sites like www.yougov.com where you can take surveys for money although they dont pay much and the cash isnt instant its gatherd up and sent out when you reach £50 , (depending on the critera you enter about yourself you can get anything from 4 surveys upwards per month , or if you fit a certian group of people you may get more and reach your £50 total quicker
  • Hi spiddy100

Can you tell me more about this Phoenix.

Hope this is ok.

I think Avon and Betterware are a good bet. Thats what my wife and I are doing at the moment. I work full time and my wife does the door to door, we have three little ones.

Cheers
    :oCurrent Debt £38,000:o

• Hi NewbieMoneySaver :)

I have edited my thread as I don't think I am allowed to promote the Phoenix 'opportunity' online. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link or offer to advise you offline. Sorry, I don't want you to think I am ignoring you but I can't think what I can say without breaking someone's rules!
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • Ok no problem.

Cheers:beer:
    :oCurrent Debt £38,000:o

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business