MAYke Your Own - 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

Options

Comments

• kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, what a lovely sunny day :T

Welcome all newcomers :hello: let us know of your fave recipes or what you plan on doing with your saved pennies :D

I'll be taking a pot noodle to work tomorrow (45p from Lidls) a slice of angel cake and maybe a pack of crisps. I have a delivery coming tomorrow from Tesco so for the rest of the week I might have cheese and pickle - yummy :)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • strummergirl
    strummergirl Posts: 64 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was hoping to find a post like this! I always take my lunch, sometimes leftovers but some of my favourites are:

Roasted Med veg/chickpea cous cous ( I use asda frozen med veg and it costs about £2 for a whole week)
    Homemade Mexican bean soup

I am looking for some really cheap nice veggie ideas, the onion bhaji/coleslaw wrap idea sounds lovely may try that this week!
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hi strummergirl and welcome to the thread :j

There are also loads of recipe ideas on the OS board so have a good nosey around lol :D
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in again :)

Looking for a perfect score this time, minus the weeks holiday.

HB
    :beer:
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hi happy_bunny, nice to see you again. Good luck with the full house :T
  • immie
    immie Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I hope it's not too late for me to join?:)
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hi immie and welcome :j

it's never too late to join :) so tell us your fave lunch ideas and what you're going to do with the money you save!
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys, looks like everyone is off to an optimistic start re their lunches this month (if not their employment status, I hope that turns out better than hoped for all affected!).

I managed 19 LTW days last month (I counted those where I had free lunches provided as I still didn't buy lunch in town!). I didn't bring LTW today though as I wasn't very organised after my week away from work, however I haven't bought anything either thanks to a bag of crisps I had stashed in my drawer and some leftover minstrels I stuffed in my bag before I set off this morning. As I need to lose the weight I gained while I was off I'm hoping to resist anything else, but do have my cup a soups if I need any additional sustenance!

Hope everyone has been enjoying the glorious sunshine. :cool:
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hi Twiggy :hello: very well done with the LTW!

Personally if I am told that I am being made redundant I will jump for joy as this is what I'm hanging on for. Redundancy would more than cover the price of a Masters degree course I fancy doing :T:dance:

I took my LTW today and breakfast so I did good. Off tomorrow so no worries there, I bought some frozen ready meal curry for something like £1 each from Tesco, that way I can have curry in my food flask and won't feel deprived. I really should think about taking beans as well since I have a real glut of them. Might be best off leaving them for a Friday though :whistle:

I got loads and loads of lovely cheese, a mahoosive jar of beetroot and some sandwich pickle so that's me sorted for quite a while :D

Hope everyone is doing good too :)
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hiya :hello:

Been to Tesco first thing this morning to buy new lunch bags for the boys. I paid a bit extra and got Thermos ones and they look fabulous :D (hoping DS2 says he wants to stick with his Moshi Monsters one) I also bought an insulated food bowl as DS2 was asking about taking beans for his lunch to school. This is also fab and doesn't need to keep food mega hot as he's 7 and likes most things warmish.

The food bowl thingy easily fits in the new lunch bag so it's all good :)

Keep up the good work everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure