Sky Internet Issues

Options
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to enquirer about this but here goes...

We've had nothing but issues with our Sky broadband connection for the last couple of years. We've changed cables, microfilters, had the line checked numerous times, had 2 engineers out and had our BT Openreach socket replaced and nothing seems to work. I've woken up this morning to a solid orange light on my router again!

My question is, what are my rights when it comes to canceling my contract because of these problems? I know normally you have to pay the remaining money on your contract but there must be something in that contract that says if they're not delivering a competent service I have a right to cancel??

If anyone has any advice or help I would love to hear from me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 June 2017 at 9:10AM
    Options
    Problem is you will use the same connection to the exchange on any ADSL supplier and BT openreach will again work on the line. What are you achieving by leaving apart from moving your problems to another company.

My persistent drop Outs were caused by a poor connection in the BT cab , the engineer had local knowledge of the problem on the connection strips and redid that part .

Are you on fibre or ADSL

Unless you swap to virgin cable
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Housey1981
    Options
    We've been told that the line is 100% fine - from both engineers - and that the internet (from Sky's end) looks like it's fine too. I agree that we'd have to use the line unless we switched to Virgin, however I would like to know what our options are. Surely if our service is down 60% of the time we're entitled to cancel at no charge? Do you know if this is the case?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did you ever have a reliable connection or has it always been like this?
  • Housey1981
    Options
    It's a new build - we've always had Sky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure