IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Debt Collector Stage - Need Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SnowGames wrote: »
    Thanks all, I have a much better understanding of things now.

I'm not that confident in contacting Morrisons but I noticed there's several cases that have won regarding to Morrisons on here. I'll have a read through them before taking up any complaint.

Don't be concerned about contacting Morrisons

Remember that Morrisons need you to shop with them ?
    They want your money then employ vermin in their car parks to hijack more money from you.

Do Morrisons really deserve your business ?????
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Get it cancelled by Morrisons and this is totally dead! You can safely ignore it, but it remains 'live' for 5 years in Scotland (6 years in E/W).

If you have proof of (previous) shopping at Ms - old bank/cc statements, or if you have one of their 'More' loyalty cards - attach scan copies to your email to show that you (family) are a loyal customer. Don't worry if you don't have such. It seems to me that the Ms CEO dislikes PE as much as the forums do! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • SnowGames
    SnowGames Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I have seen some templates of previous complaints to Morrisons. I'm sure I have plenty of old receipts for fuel or even shopping so I think I'm covered there.

Only question concerning me now is, if for some reason it goes to court would PE be able to see my appeal to Morrisons?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Unlikely, neither of them are that efficient. Also you are still in Scotland. They still can't do much regardless of what you write. One thing to remember though do not admit to being the driver. You are the registered keeper and are communicating as such.

If they don't know who the driver is they are stuffed in Scotland.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Only question concerning me now is, if for some reason it goes to court would PE be able to see my appeal to Morrisons?

Unsure why you are so concerned, you are in scotland and as long as you do not say who the driver is/was, you are safe

Morrisons would be very silly to pass on to PE what you said to them because of data protection nowadays.

In as much that if your friend wrote to Morrisons and you asked them to see that letter, they would refuse unless your friend gave permission.

Hence your correspondence is directed at Morrisons and nobody else
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Virtually all PPC contracts are ex-gratia, in order to severely limit the landowner/operator's legal involvement with the PPC and vice-versa, so there is next to no way this could happen.
  • SnowGames
    Options
    Hey all. I contacted Morrisons and after over a week they finally got back to me saying that they would cancel the charge. This was back on June 1st, I was wondering why have I not had contact from ParkingEye yet confirming the cancellation. Should I do anything or just wait it out? Thanks.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    wait it out and assume Morrissons have done what they said

let sleeping dogs lie
  • SnowGames
    Options
    I assumed as much, thanks.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    Options
    Normally PE respond in 7-10 days with cancellation confirmation.

For peace of mind in the interim, go to their website and 'try' to pay your PCN, using the required reference numbers, and the site will give you the status of your PCN. Obviously don't actually pay it - you will not get it back!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport