Help with Virgin Media

Options
I was wondering if someone could help me with this. My VM bill has been increasing and it seems very expensive for what I am actually getting.

Currently I am getting Super Fibre 50, The Medium TV package which seems to be the most basic, and medium phone which I never use.

I have checked prices on their site and I am paying the same amount for the VIP package, which is the best package they are offering! So I am really being ripped off bigtime.

Can anyone give me any tips on what to say to them when I call? Do I tell them that I'm paying the same amount for their VIP package?

Many thanks

Comments

• jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Find what package you want and then call them up to move to it
  • phibo
    phibo Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I was wondering if someone could help me with this. My VM bill has been increasing and it seems very expensive for what I am actually getting.

Currently I am getting Super Fibre 50, The Medium TV package which seems to be the most basic, and medium phone which I never use.

I have checked prices on their site and I am paying the same amount for the VIP package, which is the best package they are offering! So I am really being ripped off bigtime.

Can anyone give me any tips on what to say to them when I call? Do I tell them that I'm paying the same amount for their VIP package?

Many thanks
    Been with Virgin, 13 years since buying first house.

100mb Broadband
    Evening & Weekends Phone
    XL TV (no sports or movies)
    £72 per month

I actually rang them up this evening and asked to cancel my TV but drop my Broadband to 50mb and Telephone...£48 per month!

Couldn't believe it, so told them I wanted to cancel everything, which they have, entire phone call was about 6-7mins.

No trying to keep me, no loyalty discount, retentions sales talk, just cancelled me without a problem.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I noticed there was a good deal on https://www.uswitch.com
    earlier. But for new customers.

50Mbps
    £12/month + LR.
    12 month contract.

If you do cancel, it maybe worth taking up
  • dave_dph
    dave_dph Posts: 618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Phibo

Have you received a call back from the outbound retentions team? Once a cancellation request has gone through you normally get the call after a few days and usually they'll keep trying until they get you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure