Capital one ppi

Options
Hi, I submitted a Plevin PPI claim through Resolver to capital one on behalf of my OH,he received a letter back on 4th November to confirm he had indeed had PPI and made him an offer, the full amount should have been sent via cheque within 10 days.He contacted Capital One 27th November as he hadn't received anything,which they then told him quite abruptly that they had millions of complaints and to wait another 10 days,it is now 14th December and he hasn't received anything still.He has had an email from Resolver to say he can escalate the case , so wondered if anyone had any advice as what to do now.Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    All banks have been inundated with Plevin complaints. It's up to you whether to "escalate" this (to the Ombudsman?), but you should realise that doing so is unlikely to speed the process at this stage..

I'd keep chasing the bank..
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As mentioned above, the Plevin issue has created a significant increased workload and many firms are dealing with a backlog and slower than their normal standards.

Escalating it to the FOS will not improve the situation as the FOS cannot speed up payment.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure