Avoid 'Origin Broadband' at all costs

Options
martinbsp
martinbsp Posts: 167 Forumite
edited 18 September 2017 at 6:47PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Just wanted to add my tuppence to the ongoing complaints against Origin Broadband.

I only have 2 months left of my contract (1 year contract). It's been the worst 10 months of customer 'service' I've ever experienced.

Had intermittent broadband connection every day since joining. Called helpdesk countless times, nothing resolved. Keep you waiting for a helpdesk person for anything up to an hour only to find they are the very antithesis of a helpdesk, ie zero help. Or they put you on hold for so long you eventually hang up in frustration. Or they cut you off. Or they say they'll transfer you and you get added back in to the queue. Anything but help.

They have about 5 really badly recorded songs that play on a loop. I know Starships 'They built this city' off by heart now.

Accounts people just as bad. Today I was told I'd have to pay circa £140 to leave the contract early with 2 months left. When I asked to escalate this to someone I could query it with I was put on hold and then suprise surprise, cut off.

There are hardly any call records kept. If you get cut off they won't tell you who cut you off. They also invariably have no idea where the last person got on an issue if anywhere. Or indeed they often won't even have a record of your call. HINT: make sure you get itemised billing, at least you can satisfy yourself that you did call even if they can't see it.

I'm now at stage two of the MSE Resolver tool which they haven't bothered to respond to either.

Unfortunately I was drawn to them on the promise of a large cashback via Topcashback. Still not received 10 months down the line.

The only advice I can offer is to avoid this company like the plague. Spend a bit more and go elsewhere.

In short the whole 'customer service' seems to be geared towards covering each others backs. No quality checks, no records, once they have your business its game over for 12 months.

So relieved I have only 2 months left. 2 months of intermittent broadband EVERY DAY!

Origin Broadband - you suck. Rubbish, worst company ever. Complete waste of money.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport