DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Options

Comments

• CharliesAngel
    Options
    Has anyone got experience of HSBC?? They have sent us letters saying the signature doesn't match the signatures they have on record ???? ! We need to go into branch to confirm signatures? are they playing for time? They have said they won't accept the DMP until they verify the signature.

Don't do it! I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of fraudulent behavour however I'd think it would be easy for them to provide a 'signed' CCA if ever you asked for one...

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    dmp2013 wrote: »
    I also rang Halifax today, as after their interest (which is 'reduced') I am paying them just £1.37 a month- ahhhh!! Im going to be in my DMP forever at this rate!

Halifax has been my worst creditor too. No surprise they are aka 'Hellifax':rotfl:
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Murphy2011 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of longer term DMP or debt & mental health issues so I know what to expect if I have to give up work?

Hi Murphy2011. I haven't any specific experience in this area, but if you have to give up your job due to ill health then your creditors will have to accept lower payments. You will need to do a new budget and creditors can't have what you haven't got. It might be an idea to get some professional advice about your options because the change in your income may mean that a DMP isn't the best method of tackling your debt anymore.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another payment down and a step nearer to being debt-free

M&S have washed their hands of me and passed me on to Idem Capital Securities but I see this as a positive thing as I was worried about getting close to minimum payments and interest being re-instated.

I've gone over my budget in the grocery challenge for the month but not by too much.:o

Saving a bunch by taking sandwiches to work every day and trying to put this away for a rainy day. My emergency fund was wiped out by all the car costs that I have incurred over the last few months but starting to add to it again now;)

Good Luck to everyone starting out on their own DMP's this month

Take care everyone

Ellie xx
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all first payment to SC gone today, which is a good thing, but work got my wages wrong, im down by £170, so thats put me on a bit of a downer, means theres is literally just enough for petrol and groceries all month but nevermind bills are paid and cupboards are full (for now)
    Happy first dmp payment day to all the others who start today, the countdown to freedom begins here!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • Allypops
    Allypops Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options

M&S have washed their hands of me and passed me on to Idem Capital Securities but I see this as a positive thing as I was worried about getting close to minimum payments and interest being re-instated.

I think that's probably a positive thing too.
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Mossop01 wrote: »
    Hi all first payment to SC gone today, which is a good thing, but work got my wages wrong, im down by £170, so thats put me on a bit of a downer, means theres is literally just enough for petrol and groceries all month but nevermind bills are paid and cupboards are full (for now)
    Happy first dmp payment day to all the others who start today, the countdown to freedom begins here!

Hi

Sorry to hear about work.

If you call SC they can do a reverse to give you £170 this month

Hope that helps

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options

I've gone over my budget in the grocery challenge for the month but not by too much.:o

Saving a bunch by taking sandwiches to work every day and trying to put this away for a rainy day. My emergency fund was wiped out by all the car costs that I have incurred over the last few months but starting to add to it again now;)

Good Luck to everyone starting out on their own DMP's this month

Take care everyone

Ellie xx

Yes agreed Ellie, good outcome:)

HHx
  • Mossop01
    Options
    Hi HH, thanks for advice, didnt know SC could do that, id rather not tho, only 1st payment, would be quite depressing if i had to do that so early, we have what we need so no excuse not to carry on as normal, i can always put it in emergency fund next month, good to know info tho incase i need to use it later. Thanks
  • Mossop01
    Options
    Hi ellie sounds like good news from M&S! Keep plodding on x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport