THE SUN £9.50 HOLIDAYS Start collecting tokens NOW!! **BOOKING OPEN**

Options

Comments

• Dreamer1977
    Options
    Hi, has anyone done Pontins Brean Sands? They are doing the £9.50 holidays with no service charge or entertainment pass costs for lots of dates. Thanks
  • Kt888_2
    Kt888_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Could someone remind me, if I upgrade to a luxury caravan does this include linen or do I get charged extra on top when Haven invoice me. I can't remember and I'm trying to work it out as it may be cheaper to book with the park as we are going in term time.

Thank you :)
  • mrsgreenwood_2
    Options
    Kt888 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could someone remind me, if I upgrade to a luxury caravan does this include linen or do I get charged extra on top when Haven invoice me. I can't remember and I'm trying to work it out as it may be cheaper to book with the park as we are going in term time.

Thank you :)

i think linen is extra. have you got a price through haven to compare prices?

we have booked a deluxe plus caravan via haven, so we can have central heating in the bedrooms, at caister for the 1st week in may.

it worked out cheaper than going through the sun as it was £17.50 to upgrade to a luxury caravan per person, plus the service charge, and entertainment passes we ended up saving about £20 by going direct.

of course it depends what dates your wanting but we usually go april/may time so worked out cheaper for us.

if we go to butlins then we always go thorough the sun and upgrade as it works out so much cheaper
    **Waiting for a BIG win!**

Thank you all posters!

S born 2006 and N born 2010 *delivered at home by daddy!*
  • Kt888_2
    Kt888_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    i think linen is extra. have you got a price through haven to compare prices?

we have booked a deluxe plus caravan via haven, so we can have central heating in the bedrooms, at caister for the 1st week in may.

it worked out cheaper than going through the sun as it was £17.50 to upgrade to a luxury caravan per person, plus the service charge, and entertainment passes we ended up saving about £20 by going direct.

of course it depends what dates your wanting but we usually go april/may time so worked out cheaper for us.

if we go to butlins then we always go thorough the sun and upgrade as it works out so much cheaper

Thank you. I think we may end up booking direct then. Just waiting for hubby to decide which park he wants to go to. One park choice is cheaper booking it direct (if they charge for linen) but the other park choice is a lot more booking direct with Haven.
  • lea_t88
    lea_t88 Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Is there a link to the list of parks that might be available or does everyone know from what has usually been on offer before?

Thanks
  • PinkPrincess
    PinkPrincess Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went on one of these holiday's in Sept 11 but I've moved house so I won't get my priority code sent to my new address, is there anyway of changing your address with them or contacting them about it? Thanks :)
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a park Devon/dorset way that takes dogs? We would be travelling from Wlaes so looking for somewhere within a couple of hours drive.
  • pa2539
    pa2539 Posts: 6,543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi, has anyone done Pontins Brean Sands? They are doing the £9.50 holidays with no service charge or entertainment pass costs for lots of dates. Thanks

We went about 2.5 years ago, it was ok. It's what you expect from a £9.50 holiday, cheap and cheerful. The pool was good aswell and there are a couple fo shops, an amusement arcade and a pub and a chipshop across from the park. It was a 5 min walk to the beach from memory too. It was a great place to use as a base for travelling. We went to Longleat safari, monkeyworld and I think weston super mare for days out (they were a good drive away though), oh and a nearby cider factory.
  • Kentsavings
    Kentsavings Posts: 956 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2012 at 10:39AM
    Options
    lollipop89 wrote: »
    You can upgrade to luxury or luxury plus for £4pp or £8pp extra - we did this when we went to Cornwall so ended up paying about £70 for accomodation, was still a really cheap holiday even with paying for the entertainment passes etc.

We stayed at Park Dean Looe Bay and the caravan was lovely - brand new and very clean.
    Thanks lollipop, do you pay the upgrade when you book - i.e. online or the cheque you sent for the accomodation - or do you ring later?

thanks

KS
    EDIT, thanks just saw the brochure, had never seen it before, thats fab, thanks!!
    I love this site and all chums, but its making a dent in my bank account!!!

Have lots of things I want, but dont necessarily need... Must DO BETTER!!! :A
  • Hopelesswithmoney
    Options
    lea_t88 wrote: »
    Hi

Is there a link to the list of parks that might be available or does everyone know from what has usually been on offer before?

Thanks

Try here:

http://www.ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk/cgi-bin/UKHS_park_0003.cgi?promo=SUNSPR12&showall=Y
    Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport